Air Con Do I Keep It Or Take It Out??ke70

wanzl

hey all have got air con in my ke70 and am thinking bout taking it out

this proberly sounds stupid, but will give me alot more room in the engine bay and tidy things up to,

hose runing everywhere!

ive searched round and havent found much on people taking them out but a couple puuting them in

opoinings would be great

and what do i need to take out if i go ahead would also be good

thanks

Members dont see this ad

Waste of time. air con or no aircon, the Ke70 engine bay has ample room and easy access for everything you need.

BUT if you do want to make a bunch of work for yourself for no benefit, yeh sure take it out. Wouldn't be too hard, if you want to be environmentally responsible, get a professional to extract the refrigerant and then just unbolt it all.

Don't be silly mate, keep the aircon and get it serviced so you can use it for the upcoming summer.:cool:

Corollas with aircon are rare as rocking horse shit. I had to buy a whole car and ship it down from

Queensland just to raid the aircon out of it.

Don't be silly mate, keep the aircon and get it serviced so you can use it for the upcoming summer.:cool:

Corollas with aircon are rare as rocking horse shit. I had to buy a whole car and ship it down from

Queensland just to raid the aircon out of it.

Corollas without aircon are basically just steel saunas on wheels in summer.

Its six one and half a dozen the other mate. I found that as soon as the days got hot enough to use the aircon was about the same time that the engine was getting too hot to use it anyway. Put in a tri-core radiator just so I could keep the car cool enough to run the aircon in the middle of summer. Plus, I was driving with my brother in the passenger seat one day and he said, slow down, and turned on the aircon. It takes soo much away from an already small engine when you turn it on.

But I would say keep it, if all you want is more room to work on that engine it doesn't make it too much harder. But if you want to mod the engine you might need to take it out. Its rare to find them with aircon, so keep it if you can. Keep an eye on your temp gauge if its on, on a hot day though.

Had to remove air-con from my ke70 a few weeks ago. I will be running sidedrafts and there wasn't enough room with air-con we just pulled it out at the firewall. Thing is one of my sidedraft filters will be almost directly under where we pulled in out from I'm a bit concerned that air-con gas/fluid stuff will drip all over and wrecking my brand new filter. Is this a possibility? If so what can I do to prevent it? Thanks

Edited by mighty_4k

yeh thanks guys think i should leave it in then like seabiscut states i will be working on the other side after all! and surprisingly it still works ice cold! not bad considering its the factory unit and owner said hed never got it re gased means itll proberly go soon then ill be thinking bout riping it out again haha