The 'K' Engine Disscussion Thread.

Jono.C

Members dont see this ad

That's because everyone wants to be 'Boy Racer'... but really, there is a great deal of people in the club who actually put the effort into the old 'K'. From what i've have seen and not including what I haven't-

Philby, Red Dwarf, Felix, Altezza Club, Taz_RX, beerhead, rockinrolla, kickn5k, ... there are plenty of others. The past or present, mild or heavy. Lay it out guys! How did it run?

Edited by GJM85

I'm in the planning and part collection stage of my 4k build,i an planning to build a hi comp motor with twin 40 dcoe's ported double valve spring head that i already have,metal head gasket,new pistons,bore and cleaned block with balanced bottom end,cam that i already have,light 3.5ish kg flywheel etc.it will be a fairly slow build and don't mind spending the money to do it right.I have been looking at ceramic coatings for the intake and extractors for heat and also saw coatings for piston skirts and tops to lower friction etc and was wondering if it would be worthwhile getting this done? probably not worth it on a 4k has anyone used these coatings before?

That's because everyone wants to be 'Boy Racer'... but really, there is a great deal of people in the club who actually put the effort into the old 'K'. From what i've have seen and not including what I haven't-

Philby, Red Dwarf, Felix, Altezza Club, Taz_RX, beerhead, rockinrolla, kickn5k, ... there are plenty of others. The past or present, mild or heavy. Lay it out guys! How did it run?

Yes a few floating around dedicated to the mighty 'k'.lol.

You've got to remember my car is a ke-11 and fairly light.

So here goes.

Stage 1:

10.2:1 5k, mild crow cam, twin 1 1/2 su's, small port job, 4 into 1 extractors, 2" exhaust and k50. Made 50rwkw and was pretty quick for what it owed me. It was real punchy down low and with the su's sounded awesome on song.

Stage 2:

Same 5k with a 4k head gave 8.2:1 comp, huge blower grind cam, 4 into 1 extractors, sc/12 @ 9psi, 7ke inlet mani, microtech d5 analog ecu, locked leccy dizzy, top mount cooler and same s&@tty k50 and 2" exhaust. Made 100rwkw and went like stink!! Turned 5th gear into andrive gear it had that much torque.

Stage 3:

Well most of you know the new setup thats under contsruction so will keep this space for edit when it's complete.lol

Stu.

I've done all I want to do really, the girl is in her first year at Uni some 5hours away and while she's on campus this year she'll probably take it with her next year. Its deadly reliable, fun to drive, quick & precise and will do everything she needs. An LSD would be nice... and if it needs a rebore sometime it will get 5K pistons!

I'd like to drive it more but my wife keeps parking the White Whale in the driveway and getting bitchy if I stick that horrible bloody R31 Pintara wagon out in the street just to get the Blue Steak out! She hates the Rolla as it needs to be driven neatly,and use a choke, and has stiff suspension, while the White Whale is the worst car I've ever come across! "driving" is not what you do in one! More like Captaining a ship!

I'll see what I do when the girl has her Corolla and I need a new project.