Ke26 1Jz Turbo (No Longer 13B Turbo)

13bke26

Members dont see this ad

another update, whole car is now ready for paint..

Picked up the gearbox from als race glides, found of the converter which was made isnt quite right, the snout that goes over the shaft isnt long enough and the converter bottoms out on the pump before the shaft is all the way in.. now its back at the converter shop getting sorted... as soon as its back and engine bay is painted, it all goes into get running

primerfront_zpsf739a856.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

small update...engine and box is in, engine bay is looking pretty full up now.. We fired it up for the first time on wednesday and it fired first kick.. Car has now gone back to paint to get the body painted.. Slowly starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now

• 2 months later...

bit of an update. car is back in my possession.. have started to put this thing back together. New engine goes totally different and its only on its run in tune. Mounted up a new seat, a simpson harness.. Transbrake is all set up now and works a treat..

Taking it to the dyno on saturday for a few hours to run in and get some kays on it, then off to get tuned on tuesday if all goes well..... Then if there are no problems i may be heading to the track to do some testing

photo_zps80d15552.jpg

seat_zpsf25001df.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

in other news, i went out and raced yesturday... seemed to go a bit slower then before, using the transbrake, all passes were 11.8... its super consistent, but way off where i want it... I want it more closer to the 11.2 range for now.. Car did perform good for its first day out, had a couple little niggly issues and its got a bad vibration now.. Wont be racing till thats fixed and might give it a bit more power as it didnt seem to really get on the converter

• Upvote 1