Another Ke70

RX-747

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gave the dellortos a quick tune with a mate... the carbs originally had the idle screws turned out 2.5-3 turns which is a lot, i think the previous owner was trying to compensate for top end by allowing the idle needle to pump more fuel into the carbs throughout the whole rev range. this was also the reason why it probably used to bog down so bad at low rpm due to it running so rich. the idle screws are now turned out only 1.5 turns and it now runs really good with great mid/top end range, it still bogs down but no where near as bad as it used to, but i guess it does need a proper tune and this will probably get done once i get a decent amount of dosh but for now its all gooooood :y: :laff: :y:

• 2 months later...

So guttered to say the least at the moment.. I was travelling down Malvern Rd last night and a parked car pulled out and crossed all lanes then proceeded to cut me off in the wet as they tried to turn right, I slammed my brakes on as soon as I saw her try to come into my lane but I knew instantly it was over :( .. the driver of the car I hit made false claims that I was speeding and that my car was un-roadworthy because it had no ABS (WOMAN MY CAR WAS PRE ABS) .. I have a witness which confirmed that the driver of the other car was parked then crossed all lanes hence cutting me off (the witness stated I only had 5-10m at most to react). The damage to my car is front passenger side/ guard and the damage of the other car is the far drivers side rear/bumper which also indicates the car was coming across on a 45 degree angle which clearly shows she came across all lanes cutting me off. I went to the police station and just presented my case to them with my witnesses statement and the officer straight away confirmed that the accident was the other persons fault and not mine and judging by the damage it was also confirmed that I was not speeding.

Here comes the heart breaking news, I went and got quotes today for the damage and apparently it will be written off so at the moment I'm pretty shattered and extremely upset :'( ..

The thing that pissed me off the most was the stupid persons complete disregard to safety of other drivers, especially in the wet. She then claimed that because her car was not wet that the roads were not wet SERIOUSLY ARE YOU THAT DUMB! Melbourne has been raining for 3 days straight..

Sooooo upset, stressed and angry. Doctor tells me I should stress less as apparently I'm burning a hole in my stomach, so much so that its causing it to bleed and I'm on a high dosage of special medication to help me (my stomach produces massive amounts of acid especially when I'm stressed) but nothing can help the amount of stress on going through at the moment :(

This car was a huge part of my life and i loved it, i put so much time, money and effort into it and for some f@$king idiot to take it all away in a matter of seconds hurts so much :'( :'( :'(

Quick paint version of how it happened:

Accident.png

Pics of my car:

2011-05-13125605.jpg

2011-05-13073411.jpg

2011-05-13073405.jpg

2011-05-13125541.jpg

To the idiot who said that because her car isnt wet the road must not be :bash:

2011-05-12201556.jpg

well apparntly if the accident is found to be her fault which is quite likely it will be given the evidence, then her insurance will write it off and pay me the market value but I'm deffs buying it back in hope to keep this thing living.. NEVER BACK DOWN! DONOR FTW

Nah don't think the rails are bent just rad suport, bonet, guard, bumper, etc.. just to panel beater/insurance it aint worth shit lol

wow mate you don't get a break do ya! i had similar set of misfortunate things happen to me epa'd, relationship failed, lost my job then got rear ended by sum fat prick eating his breakfast on the way to work so i know how you feel but for the love of all things right don't give up! love the car and respect for running carbs :P hope to se it back up and running at a cruise some time!

As long as your okay thats what counts :). Its aggrivating when it happens to such a nice car though. Clearly she has no clue let alone a leg to stand on. It seems to be cosmetic damage which should be a big relief as its only bolt on panels which can be replaced. The rad support with a bit of heat and a pull it will be fine.

I know its only cosmetic which is a good thing but it will be a repairable write off which means i will only get market value which means no matter what happens I'm losing money.. I guess thats life though but i will be keeping this thing alive :)

market value - $1800, buy back for $600. spend $400 fixing it. your $800 ahead!

f@$king baker! :lolcry: i thought this was a english class not maths! :lolcry:

Edited by Evan G

• 1 month later...

I havnt updated for a while but the car is on the road again (temp panels).. Insurance is still getting sorted so car really hasnt changed.. I had mixed feeling after the accident happened, but once i chucked the panels on and took it for a spin, i once again fell in love.. I'm not giving up with it but if anything ill say one thing.... Do it again only better... Alot better ;) .. I will do a big update with pictures very very soon so stay tuned :P

Edited by RX-747