Fuel Coming Out Of Breather Plz Help!!

keslider55

hey guys ive added some pics of my 4k with the twin su carbs fitted. ive hooked up the fuel feed lines to both fuel bowls and left the other opposite pipe on the bowls to vent to atmosphere. car runs perfect and everything working fine exept there is fuel pissing out one of the breathers. or what i think are the breathers. can u tell by looking at the photos if ive hooked it up wrong or if somethings broken.

ps if i block off the leaking line the car misses then stalls.

post-10730-057769500 1290920870_thumb.jpg

post-10730-093906700 1290920926_thumb.jpg

post-10730-026738900 1290920982_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Yep they do that. Who set up your SU's? The guys that did mine spaced the bowl with about 3/8" of exhaust pipe (for various reasons unknown to myself, suffice to say it worked.....). It still ocasionally leaked fuel, and thus I ran a tee'd drain line (2 carbies) to somewhere out of the way for surplus fuel to exit to.

I'll see if I can find a pic.

I can't find a pic of mine. But mine just had some fuel hose attached to the vent and then was cable tied to the fuel bowl, so any fuel that leaked was vented downwards and away from the exhaust.

Mine never leaked any serious amount of fuel. Might be worth checking your fuel pressure to make sure the needle and seat is not being overpowered.

I don't thing its a fuel return because if u block it the car stalls straight away. Return wouldnt do that.

By the way the piston that you can see through the ram tubes is a bit sticky on the rear carby. This is the on the same carby with the leaking hose. Could that be related???

don't think fuel pressure is the issue cause I'm still running standard mechanical pump

Do you run a fuel pressure regulator?? SUs only like low pressure, one or two psi, and stock you will be pumping 6psi or so I think. One of mine overflows occasionally, very typical of SUs. I used to carry an empty Coke can to smack the rear Hitachi on my Datsun 1600, same problem.

PM me with things you discover, I'm finding the SUs to be full of tricks when it comes to needles, springs and oil in the dashpots. I'm still running stock springs and home-made needles with Johnson's Baby oil, but I'd like to video the throats at full throttle to see if they open right up.

The oxy sensors and the fuel mixture display has been great for tuning, well worth doing with SUs.