Gorc 2011

Raven

Hi All

For those that are coming, post in here, so I can get a head count on who is coming.

For those that have not yet decided you are coming, Click Here For Details

Attending:

- Raven (+1)

- SLO-030 (+1)

- RKE020 (+1)

I'm still yet to finalise some minor details with Jarrad about the meet, but with my conversation with him last night, we are all going to be meeting in Warrnambool for lunch and then heading up the Great Ocean Road as a convoy to the camp site.

The total travelling time for this trip is about 12 hours on the road, including stops, so eat your weeties!

This means that the first stage of the trip is about 8 hours long, straight through to Warrnambool.

Fuel stops and rest time are a must, so I'll be factoring in about 9 hours, which means we need to leave around 3am from the Mobil Service Station at the bottom of the South Eastern Freeway, so I suggest a meeting time of 2.30am to fuel up, check tyre pressures, oil/cooling system levels and grab cold drinks etc.

The first fuel stop will be at the Keith Roadhouse.

The next, if required, will be in Naracoorte, otherwise we'll make our last fuel stop in Mount Gambier.

A brekky stop in Mount Gambier may also be in order, the McDonalds there is pretty easy to get into and seeing as though Mount Gambier is only a 5 and a half hour drive, we'll easily make it in for brekky.

I'll also be doing a bit of a travelling photo-diary for the trip, so plenty of photos will be taken to tell our story!

*NOTE* - Due to flooding and parts of the Great Ocean Road being shut down, we may have to revise which way we travel, but I'll keep my eye on it over the next couple of weeks.

Things to bring:

- Tent (or Swag)

- Air Beds

- Sleeping Bags

- Tools (I'll be taking a minimal tool kit which will be a socket set and spanners)

- Toiletries

- Clothing (Warm Clothing for the night time as it gets fairly cold)

- Fold up chairs

- Esky

- Munchies

Make sure you have enough cash as well.

I'll leave the itinerary as a bit of a surprise, but I know a few of the things that will be happening during the weekend trip and you should enjoy it all!

Direct all your enquiries about the weekend to Jarrad, or contact me if you have any questions regarding our travelling schedule.

Cheers

Mick

Edited by Raven

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

I have greenmac, lukeae71 and fusion on the list... But only fusion has given me the time of day :)

Looking to be the most populated event yet! More from SA and we've got more from QLD as well. Should be over 30 all up if people get back to me.

Can't wait!

JP

Luke! What's going on chief? Cut offs today but give me a call on 0400843198 if your still keen.

That goes for anyone really! Needs to be gone asap!

If I don't hear back from people this weekend t shirts will not be available to you and I'm giving a weeks grace to get entry forms and deposits in.

Cheers. Jarrad

• 3 weeks later...