Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser

Featured Replies

Hi All

 

This is the reason I've decided to bow out of the corolla game for the next few years.

 

Mods:

 

- Factory Manual

- HKS Panel Filter

- HKS Turbo Back Exhaust

- Amuse ETCS

- Blitz URAS Racing DC II Gauges

 

Wheels:

 

AVS Model T7

 

- Front: 18x8 +38

- Rear: 18x9 +45

 

Suspension:

 

- Cusco Type AS Front Strut Brace

- CST Zero-1 Swift Coilovers

- 14kg/mm Front Springs

- 8kg/mm Rear Springs

 

Misc:

 

- Factory Upgrade Alarm (wired to work off the factory remote key)

 

Here are some happy snaps from yesterday, so enjoy. :)

 

PA090134.jpg

 

PA090135.jpg

 

PA090139.jpg

 

PA090147.jpg

 

And some more recent pics after a few cosmetic changes:

 

DSC_2359.jpg

 

DSC_2360.jpg

 

All in all, VERY happy with the purchase!

Edited by Raven

  • Replies 104
  • Views 110.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • There is just way more to do over there than here, but in saying that, I've lived here all my life, so a sea change can't be all that bad :)

Posted Images

These are such beautifil cars, I'm so jealous. My next ride's an aristo :) You planning on modifying it at all? Nice car mate!

  • Author

Thanks guys :)

 

Yeah, there will be mods.

 

My next one is Trust Greddy Front Mount Intercooler.

 

After that, it will probably be time to sort out a boost controller and start making a little more power, even though its not exactly slow in its current form.

 

0.9bar of boost pressure and I havent touched anything except free up the exhaust a little.

 

At the moment its more or less how I bought it.

  • Author

Haha, yeah, Jarad actually told me to have a look at them as I was on the hunt for a JZA80 TT Manual.

 

So I test drove this one and havent looked back since :)

:| 205 kw from factory, not exactly slow at all haha. Must be fun.

  • Author

I wouldnt say fun, not the first few times it came on boost and caught me off guard.....

 

Scary came to mind instead :P

 

I'm fairly used to it now though. It doesn't bite the foot that feeds it fuel so much these days because I've adjusted my driving style.

 

Handles pretty damn well and the strut brace made a world of difference with turn-in, thats for sure.

 

But when provoked, the rear end steps out and its a little sketchy because it runs a Torsen-style LSD.

 

That will get changed to a 1.5 way LSD later on next year. :)

 

And yes, the smoked corners and clear side indicators are a HUGE improvement on the looks.

 

The tint job makes it look even better, but I havent gotten around to putting picks up yet as I have to go back and get a window fixed cos they didnt do it properly.

+1 for the corner lamps and the grille blackout making a huge improvement, I'd probably go black with the grille surround, other than that car looks great.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm chaser nom nom nom nom nom, if ya wanna look at it like it's just a big corolla haha then technically your not outta rolla's just yet :P

 

I must say i love chasers and would love to own one

  • Author

They don't come cheap!

 

Mine is a little worn on the suspension side of things.

 

I just had the front castor rod bushes replaced today as they were shot, and that's gotten rid of the front end clunk under acceleration and braking that had developed over the last few days.

 

Also had my mechanic mate set-up the front coil-overs a bit better than I had while it was on the hoist.

 

All thats really left to do for the time being is sort out getting a front mount intercooler and then replacing the rear diff bushes that flog out on these too with solid TRD items.

 

I also need to get the dash lift fixed as well.

 

A windscreen remove and replace is $110.

 

Rear tyres need to be sorted as well, another $300.

 

Intercooler is worth $660 delivered.

 

Rear bushes probably looking at $350 delivered and fitted.

 

So yeah, still got a bit to go, but slowly getting there!

I haveny blacked our the grille...

 

I just removed the badge.

 

ok, looked darker in pic 5 then pic 3 but must be lighting.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.