Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser

Featured Replies

brace looks good... wondering reasons behind material choice?

looks like ali? tubular chromoly could've been another good choice... from what i've seen most aftermarket

body bracing is tubular mild steel or chromoly.

 

are you going to install the brace first drive.. then doo diff mountings? so you can isolate the differences in the car?

  • Replies 104
  • Views 110.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • There is just way more to do over there than here, but in saying that, I've lived here all my life, so a sea change can't be all that bad :)

Posted Images

  • Author

The brace has been on for months, prior to GOR. I'd had the Chaser near on 3 months before the old man and I made them up.

 

I did GOR with it on, noticed a huge improvement over the flimsy factory item straight away with turn in and steering feedback.

 

Flat, mild steel bar was chosen as its easy to weld, it was 8mm thick and doesnt bend, and its only there to create a join between the engine bay and the cabin so it moves as one. Its not under any form of super stress.

 

Diff bushes were done about 2-3 weeks ago now.

 

Again, have noticed a positive increase in traction when stomping the loud pedal and a lot more controllable.

awseoms great work... gotta love th real noticable improvements.. like the strut brace i built..

far out 8mm mild steel that f@$ker will never move!!

  • Author

That was the plan!

 

The next mod will probably be a final konnexion diff brace which is more noticeable in improvement for the rear end than say the boot brace which is also a common mod.

 

These things require a fair bit of bracing to handle super awesome, but it handles pretty nice as it is.

 

I just like to have the whole car feel connected as such. :)

These things require a fair bit of bracing to handle super awesome, but it handles pretty nice as it is.

 

Weren't these designed as a sort of luxo-barge-cruiser-mobile? Or am I getting confused with the Soarers? :hmm:

 

Nice work with the brace Raven! :y: By going flat bar instead of tube, you've saved yourself quite a few MM's of ground clearance (I'm presuming this is mounted under the car?) & probably weighs about the same as equivalent strength tube.

 

I've been working on knocking some up for my AE82 & this material choice solves a problem for me with one of them (besides the fact round tube is a pain to cut/grind/file to fit as opposed to 'cut' for flat bar), cheers man! :happy:

Edited by carbonboy

Weren't these designed as a sort of luxo-barge-cruiser-mobile? Or am I getting confused with the Soarers? :hmm:

 

 

Definitely confused.

 

The JZX100 is the same size as an SV21 Camry... And would you believe, slightly smaller than a Mazda 3. (but a tad longer on account of dat ass)

Definitely confused.

 

The JZX100 is the same size as an SV21 Camry... And would you believe, slightly smaller than a Mazda 3. (but a tad longer on account of dat ass)

 

Oops, my bad :blush: I havent driven a Chaser, but I have driven an SV21 Camry so I can say I think the Chaser would $h1t all over it, in everyway possible except purchase price (which counts for not much) :laff:

 

But it's such a fine ass! :yes:

Edited by carbonboy

Nah you're confused with an Aristo me thinks.

 

I think you're right here, they're all nice cars though! :yes:

I need to stop reading this thread before I Sell my hilux and buy one of these, also what yours opinion on the 90s compared to 100s?

Edited by abbott

Weren't these designed as a sort of luxo-barge-cruiser-mobile? Or am I getting confused with the Soarers? :hmm:

 

Snoarers were designed as a dual-use luxo cruiser/sporty grand tourer - 80% of the comfort of a Crown/Aristo with 80% of the performance of a Supra. Best of both worlds in my opinion :P

  • Author

The JZX100 looks a lot better than a JZX90, performance wise the non-VVTi JZX90 is easier to pull big power with.

 

JZX100, bit harder, but can be done, just costs more.

  • 4 weeks later...

:poke:

 

The next mod will probably be a final konnexion diff brace which is more noticeable in improvement for the rear end than say the boot brace which is also a common mod.

 

:D

 

Any news?

  • Author

Nope.

 

My next mod is on the back burner until after Fiji in August.

 

But the next mod wont be a diff brace, its gonna be an Exedy clutch and then a TRD 2-way LSD as I want to get it prepared to handle the power I want to make with another turbo later on down the track ;)

  • Author

Cheap mod update!

 

So after fitting up the S2 Fog/Driving lights, I decided that the kelvin rating of the stock HB4 globes was very average and made my HID's stand out even more.

 

So on to eBay I went and I bought a pair of these:

 

P6090414.jpg

 

They arrived today so I fitted them tonight.

 

Results as follows...

 

Before

 

P6090415.jpg

After

 

P6090416.jpg

 

Looks so much better and the lighting is heaps more noticeable and yep, it matches up quite nicely.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.