Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Team Racing Dynamic Abilities Tincan

Featured Replies

  • Author

do the red callipers make you stop faster? soon you're going to be lifting rear wheels with your semi's and these brakes.

 

Of course they do. I should be able to do stoppies down Chapel St ulehz!

  • Replies 100
  • Views 46.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 78_7kRolla
    78_7kRolla

    Hahaha Hendo was just taking the piss mate. But yes, that is exactly what it is there for and I did however notice a smoother power delivery once the sticker was applied.

Posted Images

  • Author

Ok, so new brakes are in :) Along with rebuilt CV shafts, new front brake hoses, new rear pads and machined rear discs.

 

Yesterday arvo I also looked into my suspicions of the rear brakes and handbrake not working as they should. Turns out some spud bucket the had fitted the rear pads had not located the pads into the locater cutouts of the piston. as such only half the pad on the inside of both calipers were working and severely wearing my rear discs :S

 

This is all sorted now with some new rear pads (properly) installed and a light machine of the discs. Will be looking to add slotted rear rotors evnetually and paint the calipers to suit the front :) I am now in the process of nicely bedding in the brakes and there is already a noticeable improvement in stopping power.

 

New front brake set up

 

post-2153-0-90497400-1305940473_thumb.jpg

 

Check out the heat that discoloured the old front discs!

 

post-2153-0-00725900-1305940506_thumb.jpg

Edited by 78_7kRolla

Yum yum yum, sexy brakes! :D

 

Bummer about the spanner who played with your brakes before you :( Good to see you got that issue sorted :y:

 

I was just wondering if you mind if I hop in the passenger seat for a little bit next meetup? I'll make sure I don't dirty your interior :wink: (looks awesome btw!) Keen to see how she goes if I can.

  • Author

Yum yum yum, sexy brakes! :D

 

Bummer about the spanner who played with your brakes before you :( Good to see you got that issue sorted :y:

 

I was just wondering if you mind if I hop in the passenger seat for a little bit next meetup? I'll make sure I don't dirty your interior :wink: (looks awesome btw!) Keen to see how she goes if I can.

 

Sure thing Luke. Be prepared for a headache :P

Sure thing Luke. Be prepared for a headache :P

 

If it's from my head hitting the roof, I'll bring a helmet :P

 

If it's from the exhaust, 4AGE + LOUD = Aural Pleasure :yes:

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Ok, so I haven't updated this thread for while but there has been plenty of progress lately.

 

Fixed back race seat is in but I still need to make adjustments to it regarding height and theWhiteline adjustable blade rear swaybar is now in and is SOOO good :)

 

Recently I fixed the bits of rust that were in the typical AE82 spot on the back of the rear wheel arches. Also cleaned up a bit at the back where the bumper was rubbing through the paint. Also at this time I partly stripped out the interior by removing most of the rear panels, carpets, seat and seat belts.

 

Also fitted my custom springs (4.5kg/mm rate all around) on some new KYB struts. After some mucking around to make the springs captive and a wheel alignment I headed out with a mate for some quick snaps.

 

Also have a set of Genie primary and secondary extractors waiting to go on, and a basic roll cage to follow soon. Watch this space!

 

Rust!

post-2153-0-71136300-1309230779_thumb.jpg

 

1st round of bog after grinding

 

post-2153-0-20074700-1309230843_thumb.jpg

 

post-2153-0-95737500-1309230875_thumb.jpg

 

Cleaned up rear

 

post-2153-0-73922400-1309231433_thumb.jpg

 

Undercoated

 

post-2153-0-18020000-1309231488_thumb.jpg

 

post-2153-0-30516600-1309231520_thumb.jpg

 

Stripping the interior

 

post-2153-0-01442300-1309231578_thumb.jpg

 

Brakes

 

post-2153-0-32865200-1309231922_thumb.jpg

 

Springs and semi slicks back on!

 

post-2153-0-59145500-1309231642_thumb.jpg

 

post-2153-0-52303900-1309231653_thumb.jpg

 

post-2153-0-89290700-1309231684_thumb.jpg

 

post-2153-0-50120400-1309231702_thumb.jpg

 

post-2153-0-22360300-1309231719_thumb.jpg

 

 

I'm extremely happy with the way it has come up and will be hitting the track for the first time next month. Can't wait!

 

Matt.

  • 2 weeks later...

I want one now! Thanks Matt >.>

Racing debut this weekend I believe... will the tin can beat the tomato i wonder?

Racing debut this weekend I believe... will the tin can beat the tomato i wonder?

I doubt it!! It will be "the attack of the killer tomato" lol

Racing debut hey? Where at?

 

Stu.

  • Author

Haha yes, but I'm not trying to beat you. on the car's (and mine) maiden event, merely trying to bring it home!

 

We have an update... Fitted the extractors and fire extinguisher this week. (not trying to beat the tomato my ass!)

 

matt.

Edited by 78_7kRolla

So do you want to tell them, or should i?? :)

So do you want to tell them, or should i?? :)

Fb = ruiner of secrets. He crashed :( gay!!!

oversteer scares the passager

understeer scares the driver.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.