The Te72 Minus Motor And Box

t18drifts

Members dont see this ad

looks like a pretty good buy t18drifts.

i love the cooler setup, that is fantastic. has backyard mechanic written all over it.

its one step up from a J pipe arrangement. admitedly a small step....

i was half expecting a hole in the bonnet after seeing the engine bay pic!

This almost HAD a hole in the bonnet! lol. I wanted to, and heavily recommended it, since the front mount suggestion was turned down. lol.

Looking forward to someone building a 3TGTE properly! Loving your work t18drifts.

• Upvote 1

This almost HAD a hole in the bonnet! lol. I wanted to, and heavily recommended it, since the front mount suggestion was turned down. lol.

Looking forward to someone building a 3TGTE properly! Loving your work t18drifts.

haha cheers mate looking forward to the end product and getting some help from you aswell down the track :)

nO NO NO NO NO most defenitly not going to be cutting a whole in my bonnet proper front mount will be the plan

AND THIS WILL BE RE REGOED WITH THE 3TGTE :wink:

The steering column mounting through the firewall becomes an issue... Though I've got it under good report that some people have worked that out.

The AE71 crossmember is the way to go when doing it, or an AE86 if you can find one. lol.

the way the steering column comes through the firewall is completely different... KE and AE racks use a bearing on the lower half of the shaft, where the T18 doesn't as it's fixed solid to the box...

nah has no dolllars unfourtunatley but i can assure you that the motor will be out some time next year for forged goods and rebuild and a general freshen up

but yes i will be looking in to that

will be running t25 for rego then might look around for a t25g as its ball bearing instead of bush bearing got the coils in the front of charity tonight and started hand degreasing the 3tgte :lolcry: getting the engine bay ready for some new paint might stick the 3tc back into allie tomoro night and should have my awsome cnc'ed 3t to sr adapter plate for the manifold tomoro then will have to sort out the plumbing for oil and coolant for the turbo zeing as the ct20 was only oil cooled/lubed :wink:

The steering column mounting through the firewall becomes an issue... Though I've got it under good report that some people have worked that out.

The AE71 crossmember is the way to go when doing it, or an AE86 if you can find one. lol.

the way the steering column comes through the firewall is completely different... KE and AE racks use a bearing on the lower half of the shaft, where the T18 doesn't as it's fixed solid to the box...

[/quote :hmm:

um not at this stage i wont be changing the intake manifold as i am trying to keep it as simple and quik to get it roadwearthy ect as for front mount it should be happening not keen on cuting any holes in panels for cooler piping though :hmm:

oh yeah found out the seals are phukt in my t25 today.................................................................... i think its T28 time :wink:

um not at this stage i wont be changing the intake manifold as i am trying to keep it as simple and quik to get it roadwearthy ect as for front mount it should be happening not keen on cuting any holes in panels for cooler piping though :hmm:

oh yeah found out the seals are phukt in my t25 today.................................................................... i think its T28 time :wink:

run the piping under the front lower rad support , i've done this already

Edited by dashills