Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ilona The Twincharger Ke55 Coupe

Featured Replies

  • Author

I forgot to mention, replace planned S/C and Turbo. Replace with a T88 :P

LOLOLOLOLOL I wish!

  • Replies 272
  • Views 164k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

  • Author

So I get my pretty Coupe from the panel beater on Monday then getting brakes done and hopefully roadworthy by Wednesday! Can't wait!

 

I've also been looking into upgrading the gearbox and diff to support the amount of power it will be producing. Currently looking at going with an r31 diff with either a t50 or a w50 odd gearbox. That's all for now guys.

 

Cheers, Jake.

i'll give ya a race down the 1/4 when it's done and my ke20 is done and boosted :fuzz: i'm staying auto though.

 

looks good mate, always loved the ke35's :)

  • Author

i'll give ya a race down the 1/4 when it's done and my ke20 is done and boosted :fuzz: i'm staying auto though.

 

looks good mate, always loved the ke35's :)

It's a 55 :P What you doing to yours? Is it a K series engine?

  • Author

So I picked up my now rust free KE55 Coupe today! Here are the pics :D

 

Nothing too special at the moment, they're undercoated and NOT resprayed yet as I want the roadworthy first. I got quoted 2.5k for a respray in the same colour. After the roadworthy, plans to convert to manual will be in motion.

 

Cheers, Jake.

post-11811-002200800 1296465014_thumb.jpg

post-11811-022945000 1296465033_thumb.jpg

post-11811-091128200 1296465049_thumb.jpg

post-11811-090232300 1296465073_thumb.jpg

post-11811-069736600 1296465092_thumb.jpg

Pretty clean Rust-Repair Jake.

 

$2,500 for a Respray of the same colour !? Find a website that has a book of Factory KE55 Corolla colours, find the actual name of it, go down to Autobarns, and ask the dipstick at the Paint Desk to make the paint for ya. Then hire someone to paint the Colour on your KE55 for ya. You'll only need at least 4L of it, plus the Undercoat and the Clear paint. :)

 

Josh :cool:

  • Author

Well one of my customers is a panel beater and reckons he may be able to help me out for a good price. He told me just hit him up when I want it done :D

  • Author

SHE IS ROADWORTHY!

 

And what a day to get roadworthy my whole suburb is flodding, including a few of the local shopping centres having to close down due to collapsing roofs and flooding. Wish me luck. Also, rather then leave the house, I'd rather order a pizza, let's see how the pizza delivery guy likes this weather :P

 

Cheers, Jake.

Now the Twin Charged KE55 Coupe Project begins. :yes: :y:

 

Josh :cool:

  • Author

Sure is! Picking up my R31 diff tomorrow :D

  • Author

Today I picked up a fully rebuilt/reco'd R31 LSD 3.9 diff WITH $1200 worth of receipts for $400. Also thought I'd fit my Wood-grain Steering wheel and boss kit, this is just a few mods to a vast blue board of plans. I plan to fit the pedal box on Monday just because I want to get it out of the way. :)

 

Something else that I found when I was under the car during the roadworthy I found one of the rust spots that was repaired had cracked, so I WILL be speaking to the panel beater who did the work. NOT HAPPY!

 

Cheers, Jake.

post-11811-023661100 1296889725_thumb.jpg

post-11811-013356900 1296889799_thumb.jpg

Edited by mhmills

Grab yourself a Pintara 4.11:1 gearset for that diff. Same as KE30 manual diff ratio.

  • Author

After a few days of tinkering, I finally got the pedal box in. One step closer to being a manual :)

 

Also the auto pedal box is up for grabs, for free, will post at anyone's expense, comes with a BRAND NEW brake pedal rubber! :P

 

Cheers, Jake.

post-11811-037143900 1297245870_thumb.jpg

post-11811-034140700 1297245887_thumb.jpg

post-11811-071892000 1297245919_thumb.jpg

post-11811-098478400 1297245933_thumb.jpg

post-11811-008633100 1297245954_thumb.jpg

post-11811-008144400 1297245973_thumb.jpg

Edited by mhmills

Love that steering wheel.

Will keep a close eye on this build, looks interesting.

  • Author

Love that steering wheel.

Will keep a close eye on this build, looks interesting.

Thanks man! I like the wheel too, I kinda want to get a custom Toyota Symbol button for the middle, I bought it secondhand and it came with out a center and has a sticky residue from the old sticker/button on it still.

 

Cheers, Jake.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.