Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ilona The Twincharger Ke55 Coupe

Featured Replies

  • Author

I personally wouldn't waist my time with wiring the 7k ecu, they won't recognize boost therefore running lean under boost.

One question I have is are you going to turn the blower off once you've reached desired boost pressure from the turbo?

I'll probably have a choice of two heads for you mate cause I've got a spare head in the shop at the moment. So I'll also have the one off the car aswell.

 

Stu.

I wasn't planning on bothering with the 7K ECU, I was talking about working out the wiring. UNLESS you don't need it all when you run an aftermarket ECU. I wouldn't know lol. As for the blower, I don't plan on turning it off. It has an aftermarket pulley on it(12PSI) and is no longer clutch controlled. I was thinking this would make it painful to tune though. I'll deal with it when it comes to it, I guess.

 

Cheers, Jake.

  • Replies 272
  • Views 164k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

hmm i don't like the way u guys worked out ur setups id run turbo into charger with a waistgate inbetween then intercooler then carby with a bov somewhere between charger and motor.

 

the waistgate acts as a bypass for the turbo once u reach a certain boost from the setup so the charger wont choke the system.

thats how I'm goin to setup mine but I'm running efi

I wasn't planning on bothering with the 7K ECU, I was talking about working out the wiring. UNLESS you don't need it all when you run an aftermarket ECU. I wouldn't know lol. .

Cheers, Jake.

Ah my mistake sorry. Use as many of the sensors you got with it and cut the plugs you need with a bit left to join them. Most ecu's(aftermarket) require:

coolant temp.

Air inlet temp.

Throttle position.

Map sensor(7ke one will only be 1bar not enough)

If you don't have them that's still fine as I'm using mainly Holden temp sensors(air and coolant) which are resonably cheap.

Having never seen a twin charger setup in real life I'm not going to coment on plumbing them in cause I'm going to be wrong. I've thought about it years ago but put it in the too hard basket.

 

Stu.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

So I got sick of my inaccurate fuel gauge readings, so I purchased a Speco branded fuel gauge and universal sender unit. At first I thought "Piece of piss" I thought wrong... As some of you may know the fuel tank has 3 "holes"; 1 for the fuel filler neck, 1 for the fuel sender and 1 extra sealed hole. At first I attempted to use the unused hole. Failed. Only realised after refitting the tank. So a week later, today, I had another crack at it. I dodgied up the original sender and cut it out and off and turned the 2 units into one and fitted it to the original/centre hole on the fuel tank. However, it did not fit as well as planned and required some bending and what not of the float and fuel lines. I got it in finally, fitted the tank, turned the key, SUCCESS! Kinda... The gauge now read above "F", so I probably need to adjust it slightly for the tank size. It's in, it's working, relatively. I'm happy.

 

Cheers, Jake.

post-11811-069768000 1303132833_thumb.jpg

personally i'd copy this guys idea.

 

  • Author

personally i'd copy this guys idea.

 

f@$king genius! Thanks for that piece of video/info!

 

Cheers, Jake.

  • Author

Ran out of fuel tonight... DEFINATELY need to readjust the sender unit lol. I must admit it's a first for me, can honestly say I had never run out of petrol EVER!

 

Cheers, Jake.

  • Author

I'm waiting for my day to come, I can honestly say I've never had a car with a dodgy fuel sender . :laff:

Tell me about it, the amount of times I drove my VT SS with 0 KM to go and made it to a servo lol.

Haha brings back memories!! Remember the same thing in my old au 5ltr 1tunna. Parked it on a hill jumped in and checked distance till empty 140 km till none left got 5km down the road and she's dead oopps.

Sucks having to walk to a servo!!!

 

 

Stu.

I ran out of fuel once on the Westgate Freeway outbound just after the Grieve Parade exit, pushed my AE82 to the Mobil servo on the Ring Road outbound. Got to the off-ramp for it & that's when the Vicroads guy shows up, offers to push & gets told to bugger off. I'd made it that far... :bash: >| :bash:

 

Sorry for the off topic bit, loving the build by the way! :y:

  • Author

I ran out of fuel once on the Westgate Freeway outbound just after the Grieve Parade exit, pushed my AE82 to the Mobil servo on the Ring Road outbound. Got to the off-ramp for it & that's when the Vicroads guy shows up, offers to push & gets told to bugger off. I'd made it that far... :bash: >| :bash:

 

Sorry for the off topic bit, loving the build by the way! :y:

Wow, f@$k that! I'd shit myself if I actually ran out of fuel ON the bridge itself :P All good man and thanks! :) Good to have some support.

 

Cheers, Jake.

  • Author

Hit 170,000KMS on friday, felt it was worth mentioning :P

I'm actualy pretty pumped to see a super turbo charged corolla that videa was that a waste gat controled by accel and deccel on a carbie ??????????

  • Author

I'm actualy pretty pumped to see a super turbo charged corolla that videa was that a waste gat controled by accel and deccel on a carbie ??????????

Nah, pretty sure it's controlled by boost. Not 100% certain though, I'm gonna message the guy who made it with some questions. Judging by him using a bike pump to make it open, I'd say it was from boost.

 

Cheers, Jake.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.