Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ilona The Twincharger Ke55 Coupe

Featured Replies

  • Author

So I've been a bit bored lately and been playing around and cleaning bits and pieces. On Monday I cleaned up my 2 centre consoles into 1 good 1. Although it will almost certainly require modding in the near future as I'll be running a KE70 K50 until I'm ready to fit my planned W50. Today I got bored and cleaned up the K50, not the greatest job as I only used degreaser and a sponge. Also decided to spray my turbo plenum on a whim, it is now gloss black. Also thought I'd share with you guys half of my precious boost system, the Garrett T28 Turbo! That's about it for now, plans this weekend is to complete the rest of the manual conversion, I'm gonna try and squeeze some work in prior to that.

 

Slowly but surely the project is coming together :) It's getting exciting!

 

Cheers, Jake.

post-11811-099742800 1297848948_thumb.jpg

post-11811-001328700 1297848998_thumb.jpg

post-11811-097794700 1297849021_thumb.jpg

post-11811-097067900 1297849046_thumb.jpg

post-11811-042039600 1297849082_thumb.jpg

post-11811-086198100 1297849114_thumb.jpg

post-11811-054578500 1297849145_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 272
  • Views 163.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

She's pretty clean, love the fact the toyoglide footmats are still in place, haha.

Need to see this when its done!

  • Author

She's pretty clean, love the fact the toyoglide footmats are still in place, haha.

Need to see this when its done!

Yeah man, the mats are pretty mad. It is after all a 1 owner, the driver's side one is pretty rat shit though :P

 

Cheers, Jake.

Nice. Comin' along well Jake. :y:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Well the manual conversion is now complete!

 

A BIG THANKS TO EVAN G FOR ALL HIS HELP ON THIS ONE!

 

Ev did most of the work in getting the auto out, then I did all the work putting the manual in. The auto box looks to be in VERY good nick, not that I EVERhad a problem with it, I just prefer my cars to be manual. The Auto looks like it has been reco'd at some point in history, if anyone's interested in it feel free to PM me for it.

 

For this conversion I didn't need to do any modding of the transmission tunnel as I was fitting the K50 I had lined up for my KE70, the shifter position lined up PERFECTLY. Although it's off a skew due to our dodgey welding of the crossmembers :P I've made a dodgey clutch pedal return spring which I intend to replace shortly as I don't feel it has enough tension, don't get me wrong, it works fine but I don't like how "loosey goosey" it feels. Also on start up there is a strange pinging coming for the engine, not sure what it is, but it's not a big issue. When I took it for it's first test drive it was like driving a completely different car, the feel of the manual is totally different to that of my KE70. The engine is pretty loud at the moment too, I'm assuming this is due to the trans tunnel basically being wide open? Not sure.

 

That's all for now, this is only a temporary gearbox as well as I have a W50 Steel case Celica box coming in from QLD shortly. In a few weeks time, I will begin my Twincharge setup. Although I have altered a few plans in the setup, NOW consisting of a SC14 with 12PSI pulley kit and a T28 Turbo. Next on my list of to do's is getting the 5k rebuilt and WORKED! :D

 

Will post pictures later.

 

Cheers guys, Jake.

 

PS: I've been informed to let you all know if you want some backyard work done, feel free to msg Evan G for help

Edited by mhmills

your welcome :wink:

  • Author

your welcome :wink:

You're welcome I let you near my car :P

Now the Quest for 200kw+ Begins. :P

  • Author

No chance on breaking 200KW, but I'll give it a go :P

The only thing you WILL be breaking are a lot of 5K's. :D

i wanna gonna say box's and diffs. don't make me create a fan page like i did with ryan :P

  • Author

i wanna gonna say box's and diffs. don't make me create a fan page like i did with ryan :P

LOL!

I have to actually break one first :P

Two hundred KILLAWASPS :blinks: :o Very nice progress on the build, Evan... :y: :y:

  • Author

G'Day guys,

 

Just need some input on my twincharge setup, I've been debating thoroughly with SLO-030 flat out about his way and my way. So I figured I'd ask everyone else on their input.

 

My setup consists of ROUGHLY:

Carby>SC>Intake Manifold>Engine>Exhaust Manifold Turbo>Intercooler>Carby (via Turbo Hat)

I've also done VERY rough diagrams with Paint.

 

SLO-030's Setup idea/suggestion:

Carby>SC>Turbo>Intake Manifold Engine>Exhaust

Also has a VERY rough diagram :P

 

Basically, it seems, SLO-030's setup is a bit more basic then mine. Mine is different to a "Normal" setup, consists of 1 suck thru component where as SLO's consists of 2 Suck thru components.

 

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

 

Cheers, Jake

post-11811-024665000 1299121277_thumb.jpg

post-11811-039986700 1299121285_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Hey Guys,

 

Small update today!

 

I was bored and decided to give the bonnet a bit of a buff/cut and polish to trying give the paint some more life. got half of it done when I hear a "POP!" and the buffer stopped spinning, so I binned it lol! Now that I'm on holidays I find myself getting very bored very quickly and seeing as I can't really start my engine build until I have my 5k rebuilt and decomp'd.

 

So in my boredom today I decided to just rock up to my old man's work and get some tyres on my Centrelines. The plan was to just swap the stock tyres over onto the new 13's. So we did a practice swap and I didn't like the profile on them 175/75's. Then one of the fellas said he had some 170/75's I could have for $100 and they were new. So we test fitted them and I felt they looked better then the 175's. So it was a done deal. The guys fitted em all up whilst I ran up the road to get some shank and washer nuts to suit. Came back and we fitted them all up. THEY LOOKED GOOD! It needs more low however. The plan is to go in tomorrow and help out the mechanic with some services and organise getting the leaves reset and getting the front compressed.

 

Also gonna be hunting around for some center caps :)

 

That's all for today guys. Enjoy!

 

Cheers, Jake.

post-11811-092106400 1299568190_thumb.jpg

post-11811-020007900 1299568213_thumb.jpg

post-11811-014194900 1299568231_thumb.jpg

post-11811-074663000 1299568248_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.