Ke15/17 Windscreens

parrot

Have been thinking about how to find one of these for a while. I know of someone who went to considerable trouble to have one made, and also of another person currently having screens made for their RT51. Apparently the guy to speak to is Ralph Moore at Autoglass in NSW which I have done this morning.

He tells me KE15/17 screens haven't been available for 3 years so I am looking at a few possibilities to get them made.

Obviously it gets down to economies of scale, so costs are up in the air. He has suggested figures of $300-$500 depending on what is required to have them made, and how many they may sell. The main cost being in tooling up. These days they are manufactured in Vietnam.

At this stage I am putting this out there on the off chance anyone may have some useful information or insights in this area. Potentially at some stage we may need to look for a used screen for a pattern. My current screen is OK, albeit toughened glass, and still in the car. Somewhat selfishly, I wouldn't wish to provide it for a pattern.

So I suppose, if anyone has a poor condition spare they may be willing to provide if required, would be interested to hear of that too. It isn't clear to me what would happen to that screen, but should it become necessary, I will get more info on that. i presume it gets sent to Vietnam.

I am hopeful of getting sufficient info from another source that may render this unneccesary, but shall have to wait and see.

Members dont see this ad

Well Ralph Moore comes into my work all the time I have a ke11 which is almost always there for them to take a look at if need be... I'll check the storage area of my parts and see if I have a screen...

So is ke11 screens same as ke17 ones?

the ke15 windscreen must just sit inside the seals of ke10 cause it is a smaller windscreen when u put the rubber around screen u wouldn't know the difference...

Just since on topic the quater windows are also smaller in the ke15 than the ke10 quarter windows !!