I Want Power That I Can Drive

love ke70

IMO:

Stick with the 4cylinders, and stick with Toyota..... I suggest a 4age of some sort....

Going from a standard 4k to a standard 4age is a whole different ball game in its own....

I have a mate with a 300hp atw ke55 corolla, 4agze w/ TD04 turbo.

I also had another mate with a standard 4agze in his ke70, with a FMIC, and it was crazy......

There is a lot of work in shoehorning in an atmo sr20 or ca18 not to mention a turbo version. And as for a 1ggte or 1ggze? :jamie:

Go for the 4agze, find a decent ae71 for front end parts, swap 'em over, bolt it in, and wire it all up.....

The difference in torque will surprise you......!

Or just spend the money on a hypo 4k / 5k....... get that BRAP BRAP going.....

:D

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it really depends what you want

i mean, you're going from a FOUR KAY to a modern twincam crossflow efi thing. regardless of wether it's a naturally aspirated CA18DE or a full house SR20DET with boost, it's going to shit all over the stock car

personally, i don't like turbos. i also think that much power in a corolla would make it crap, you'd have to baby the thing almost everywhere, it would be strenuous and no fun to just get in and bury your foot

i agree with the idea of buying something that's already fast, but there's also about 500+ bucks difference in a CA and SR frontcut. if it was me, i'd just get a naturally aspirated CA and be done with it

Rolla's are pretty well balanced cars, why spoil it

with all that weight up front.

I'm not into cossing brands even though people

talk highly of the ca18 and sr20

So that leaves the best bang for bucks

as the 4agze.

Or spend the money on a 4k,5k or 7k

They're good fun motors. Rollin 03 had the right idea

Rolla's are pretty well balanced cars, why spoil it

with all that weight up front.

i spoiled that balance when i put 50 or so kilos or sound gear in the boot

think of the 1g as a counterweight :hmm:

so the general consesnsus is that a 1g isnt the go

we'll have to see

If you considered a 1G, then you would of been up for all the custom work along with it..

So, How about a 7K-E of all things ?

Its a Bolt up, its EFI, its new, its torquey, they are god dam reliable, and frekin strong.

Work the 7k to make it a bit more loveable to the revs, and clean up the ports, and you would have a screamer.

- In All Jap at brisbane (auto importer), they have a pic of a Ke55 in there, with a 7k running twin side drafts :D

Mmmmm Coolness :hmm:

you'd be better off keeping the standard motor and lowering the car to the bumpstops (f@$king the handling).... then everyone would think it was fully sik.

lol i don't wanna be fooly sik i wanna beat that bogan in his commodore at the lights, or nail the rich tosser in daddies hsv, all from a semi sleeper appearance, aka front mount hangin out front but what can i do bout that eh

mite look into this 7k-e unless u can give me some more info?

thanks guys

~andrew~

i've got a zoom mag with a sleeper 10 second 1GGTE gemini in it. they can go pretty hard if you really want them to.

i don't think a 7k-e would really be up to the task. if you spent a few bucks on one and stuck it in a lighterweight ke1x it should go ok. it would waste most commodores but probably not HSV's.

a 7k-e would be around $800+ to start with. then you will want to make it faster. look at bigger valves, porting, cam, solid lifter conversion, lightening, balancing. plus induction setup (aftermarket computer, or webers). by the time you get it going harder, it will probably make too much torque for stock gearboxes to handle. then you will need to upgrade the box. by the time you do all this, you may as well upgrade to a better engine and box to start with.

about the only car i would recommend sticking with a K engine is a ke1x, as a larger engine is a headf@$k to fit. any later corolla needs a conversion, there is plenty of engine bay room.

If you do this, make sure to carry a baseball bat or something with you. I do the same in the mr2 only to get lots of abuse when they loose, or abuse when you don't race. The problem with that is that it gets DAMN annoying after the 10th dead stock VN commo lines you up.

lol i don't wanna be fooly sik i wanna beat that bogan in his commodore at the lights, or nail the rich tosser in daddies hsv, all from a semi sleeper appearance, aka front mount hangin out front but what can i do bout that eh

mite look into this 7k-e unless u can give me some more info?

thanks guys

~andrew~

Perspectives:

If your going to whack in a 1ggte/ze you aint really going to be racing the everyday commo, are you? We are talking High HP, and with your power to weight, i think you might want to lift the bar a little higher....

2L Turbo Six. You will most definately chop 5.7L HSVs....

With a Hypo 4k/5k/7k, you are still only going to beat the older twincam cars..... and you could get that much power out of a stock 4age.

CHEAP = FAST - NO!

LOTSA $$$ = FAST

But like Jamie said, Its what "YOU" want....... :hmm:

that's true. even an 86kw 4age in a KE corolla will chop a v6 commodore, no competition. v6 commodores are not good cars, and certainly not fast, their owners just think they are, and love to race things they think can beat

if you had a 2L turbo corolla, you'd likely be out hunting skylines and silvias and other modified cars, which have decent motors to begin with

try an SR20, turbo or non turbo.

they do fit, just.

there all alloy and 2.0 litre standard. will improve handling as the weight splits between front and rear become closer to 50/50.

you can also use the silva front end with only a few mods,( bigger brakes )

Just because SR20s are alloy doesnt make them light. If I have heard correctly they are heavier than a CA-18. Also a 4AGE will make one seem tottaly obese.

Also Silvia struts are difficult to fit and have stroke issues, if you call making custom hybrid lower control arms simple mods then you should open a workshop.

SR-20: Fantastic peice of engeneering .. hmmm, I don't think that any block should twist with a big power increase and weigh that much considering what it's made of. Add to that the poor casting design of the bottom end, average flow rates out of the head and the crap oil fitting that's prone to strip.

I say just fit a 4AGZE with a pulley kit and a decent intercooler. It has the torque and the power without the huge cost. Sure it isn't the most powerfull but it would make for a nice package in a corolla with suspension + brake mods.