Ae82 Gokai - It May As Well Be A Wife.

carbonboy

Members dont see this ad
  • 4 weeks later...

That's what she said...

*punches self in face*

I'm not a 100% on what's going to happen to that engine, still investigating the pros & cons of different options. What I do know is that I'm a sucker for a dirty bigport. I must say an enormous THANKYOU to azza91 for bearing with me on the eventual sale, we met only briefly but he's good man IMHO. Lives in a beautiful part of the country too, lucky bastard. :P

Also a thankyou to bAker & KEhendo for answering all of my slightly noob-like questions! :y:

your welcome back whever mate, was great to meet you. and yes my part of aus is pretty nice :)

Ah, yeah, just a short drive up the road... :blinks: We need beer next time!

i think iv been reading this to long now haha great work lovin it hope to be able to do half the stuff u can do one day

Cheers for coming along for the ride. :y: It's quite easy really, procrastination is half of it. :D

I'm so happy you said that lol

Got to love the office :P

You gave me the perfect setup, what else am I meant to do? :lol:

Update time: Gokai has sat in the shed as per usual, haven't touched her. An increase in responsibilities in life is temporarily seeing to that, once I get on top of it all... :rolls:

Blue Thing on the other hand... Those who know me know my stance on carburettors, I'm not taking it all back, just that I'm willing to admit that they are suitable for some applications. So, for various reasons, the 4AGE I recently acquired is going to be stripped down, rebuilt, converted from EFI to carb & slotted into Blue Thing. No massive compression ratios, no stupidly-lumpy camshafts, just standard internals.

I'm finding that choosing the carb/s is the hardest part, clearance for twin side-draughts is tight but do-able, but then the motorbike carb option also appealing. Adaptors are available for certain types, but in the case of the bike option it's a little bit of work to make one.

Basically I'm just having trouble making up my mind. :laff:

Edited by carbonboy

Got a link to that particular kit Aaron?

The other most favoured options are quad-CBR900 items (little pricey though) or a single Weber 32/36 downdraught for simplicity's sake. I've had a chat to SQ Engineering about intake manifold flanges & he can make me some so I can have a go at making the intake. I could buy one if the Weber gets the go-ahead, but that's no fun. :)

I've managed to nut out the distributor/ignition system (can use a tweaked 4AGE item or my 2AC distributor) so I won't need the EFI wiring& the fuel pump/regulator are easily sorted.

Edited by carbonboy