Ke38 Van For My Daughter

teza40

Loving the persistence & dedication to this car, okay you've got a cranky female as extra motivation but at least she's letting your talents shine through! :)

Cranky female...aint the half of it Lol....Carbonboy cheers for the kidos man....love the way you put that :)...awsome mate!

Had me laughin hard when i read it :)

Members dont see this ad

If it makes you feel any better I bought my KE70 and had issues from day one.

It took me 16 months to diagnose a faulty wire to the MAP sensor. I feel your pain.

Yep B.L.Z.BUB sometimes cars and troubles are just like that in life hey, although i put a hell of alot of time and effort into this ke38 and by rights it should be trouble free.

I know with old cars, they always throw ya a wobbly more often than not...the trick is to know your stuff and be able to work it out in the end for minimal dollar outlay :).. Do what you can with what you can at the time! in the end it is a passion that drives us to do it :)

Tho now the carby is sorted i hope for now, i have time to find the weber with manual choke for right dollars,as i have plans to rebuild the original engine from the ke38 one day. Will be a slightly warmed up build when i do...

Tho be they as they do...sometimes plans don't go to what you wish either ha ha ha ...

Ok so i got busy today for just over an hour and made a new left inside door lock for the ke38 van, due to the fact i broke the plastic one last week...

Is still in the making process and yes needs to be detailed to look better, tho the objective was i was having trouble locating original replacement and nup I'm not going to pay a small fortune for one...

So being the somewhat clever fella i am....i made this out of some C section metal i had lying around...

Enjoy the pics

Terry

post-2215-0-15230200-1366777981_thumb.jpg

post-2215-0-59350900-1366778015_thumb.jpg

post-2215-0-48557400-1366778037_thumb.jpg

post-2215-0-99120900-1366778070_thumb.jpg

post-2215-0-53366900-1366778159_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

Wow been a long time since i was last here, kinda pleased to announce that Emma now has the ke38 in her posesion as of a few months ago.Due to mechanical trouble with the vs commodore she had purchased (now wrecking it out lol).

The old panel van is still going well and the body work is holding up good considering - not got around to finishing the paint job properly, might never happen tho it would look better.After all the fun n hassle i had with the auto`s for it, it is not too bad to drive.

Emma still has some frustrating moments with the ke38 and when she does it is a phone call to dear old dad and the cry of HELLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP lol..

Glad to say i did a good enough job for a 35 year old corolla to keep kicking along doing daily duties.

• 1 year later...