Nsw Rta Stops Registerng Imports.

My neighbour has a beautiful turbo 350Z sitting in his drive, quite a change from the VN/VP Holdens and old Falcoons..

The lady that owns it is the mother of one of the girls who lives there. She has owned the car for years up in Darwin, where its been in storage for the last three years, so she trucked it down here to give to her daughter.

Then the RTA said that they stopped registering imports on 28th Feb until the State Govt sort out what they are going to do about the new regulations they said were coming in but have not appeared.

The car was engineered in NT and registered up there, but I feel she will get bent over and shafted by yet another lot of parasites in this State before she gets to drive it. Meanwhile it could spend 6months sitting in the driveway.

Govts... pissing off honest people everywhere!

Members dont see this ad

That is really weird, if its engineered and import stamped I would assume they would accept it, why wasnt the 350Z ADM? wouldnt that have been cheaper?

When I took my rolla to the NT, I was worried they would not pass mine, cause of the cage being welded, harnesses and seats cause of silly people doing the dodgy, but cause it was engineered here in QLD, it passed, they spent an amass time under the car, checking all the bushes, steering and braking system

*edit, that would include corollas perhaps?

Edited by NISROLA

350Z is a locally sold car though....

That's what I was thinking...

Is the issue with the modifications? Cos they are the only regs that vary state to state.

Grey import rules (which don't apply to this car unless it was a personal import) are federal...

:blinks: :blinks: :blinks: :blinks: :blinks: :blinks: :hmm: to alot of people anything to with cars is the lest important thing ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ it goes forward backwards left right (sideways)

They told the local (well, 2hrs drive away at Dubbo!) engineer about it and he phoned the RTA and spoke to them. He's the only engineer for modificaions for 350km around Dubbo it seems, I spoke to him about Greeneyes a few years back.

So he was going to relieve them of a few hundred bucks to check it and then push it through the RTA for them today. I don't know if its ADM or JDM, I thought it was JDM.

I don't know if its ADM or JDM, I thought it was JDM.

Can't imagine it being JDM unless it was a private import, you'd never get a JDM one on SEVS (or whatever it is these days) because they were sold new here, and were released at basically the same time as the JDM versions so there wouldn't have been time for an older JDM one to be imported (like what people did with the R35 GT-R)

i have a private import. It should have a Yellow Plate on it saying its a personal import and a mod plate. The car shouldn't have to be re-enginered. The only thing she should have to rego it is the Import Approval papers from main roads. (which is federal) If she doesn't have that they will not rego in any state.

Is the yellow plate the VIN sticker trd??

I bought the Altezza with me and it didn't need engineering at all (according to NSW RTA) but I had to get a VIN sticker and a $35 rego inspection. The difference might be that I was an immigrant coming in, and you are allowed to bring a car with you once in your life providing you have owned it and driven it for at least a year in your home country.

The lady next door had the Z registered in Darwin for years, it seems to be a problem of bringing a currently unregistered import into NSW.

She should have it sorted by Tbursday.

Edited by altezzaclub

Is the yellow plate the VIN sticker trd??

I bought the Altezza with me and it didn't need engineering at all (according to NSW RTA) but I had to get a VIN sticker and a $35 rego inspection. The difference might be that I was an immigrant coming in, and you are allowed to bring a car with you once in your life providing you have owned it and driven it for at least a year in your home country.

The lady next door had the Z registered in Darwin for years, it seems to be a problem of bringing a currently unregistered import into NSW.

mine was the same. i brought it in when i moved to aus. mines a yellow metal plate that has "personal import" on it. you can't get a car in the country unless it has main roads apporval, personal import or other wise. If was regoed in darwin i see no reason why it can't be regoed in NSW. I use to do alot of imports. check with her to see what approval she has for the car.