Love The 5K.

stable20

Members dont see this ad

my 5k has a bottom end knock, this is so thrilling :).

I'm hopeing it will hold out for long enough so i can afford some kind of conversion..

i would like to hear some FUNNY inputs,aadvice etc. on this please,

Run a thick oil, should elongate the life of the poor engine. are you planning anything for the conversion? eg. brakes, suspension, body stiffness?

More power is cool, but you wan't to be on the safe side if you need to stop in a hurry or worse have an impact.

what engine package are you planning?

well i was planning on getting the whole ae86 converion before doing engine. like sttruts breaks xt130 lca or ke55. coilover lux dif

just the usual mods for engine conversion.

i wanted to go sr but now i think ill have to just go 4age for the time being.

i really don't want to have to spend the money though aye.

'Engine conversion' and 'cheap' do not appear in the same sentence often

My suggestion is to work you handling aspects, feel out your setup and get comfortable with it, then and only then fork out the dosh for the power upgrade.

But at the end of the day it's your car and you should build it how you want.

500 bucks to convert my mrs seca to a twincam...

i dare say you can't call that an engine conversion. since it came with the twin cam from factory, just yours didnt? (4afe, or 4afc i assume).

more an engine replacemnt that just happends to have a better head than the original one.

---

now onto the 5k, pull it out now before you do more damage! at least it might be saveable as it is, may only need bearings not a crank grind!

i dare say you can't call that an engine conversion. since it came with the twin cam from factory, just yours didnt? (4afe, or 4afc i assume).

more an engine replacemnt that just happends to have a better head than the original one.

---

now onto the 5k, pull it out now before you do more damage! at least it might be saveable as it is, may only need bearings not a crank grind!

4ac but 500 bucks bought me a complete twincam to use, if you wanna get technical then look at my old 4ag ke70 panelvan, sure it was not finished but I had only spent 2k (including ecu, gearbox + rebuild, manifolds and carbies) and it was a running/driving car.