New Skyline Gt-r

http://www.gtrproto.com/

Above is a link to the promo site for the new GTR. It looks a bit shit in some respects (front sucks, rear quarter view looks friggin' awesome!), but remember the Z-Concept car looked like crap when shown, but they changed it for another motorshow and released the improved version.

nissan-z2_1999.jpg

1999 Nissan Z Concept

2001_6.jpg

2001 Nissan Z Concept/350Z Production Car

Members dont see this ad

this has been in development for a while.

here is the original shape that was releasedm (this was prior to the release of the v35 skyline):

V35%20GT-R%20Concept%20front%20left2.jpgV35%20GT-R%20Concept%20side2.jpg

V35%20GT-R%20Concept%20Interior%202.jpgV35%20GT-R%20Concept%20rear%20left.jpg

i believe nissan is still planning on using the ATTESA system with this car, but have dropped the rb26 for a turboed v6, and possibly an atmo v8 for international markets.

Edited by Ke50

Nissan should redo the front, probably with horizontal lights instead of the vertical ones, and possibly change the roof a little by lifting it a tad higher a the rear. Looks like too much of a cross between a fastback and a coupe as it is, and I think it'd look better with a bit more of an angle between the top of the roof line and the rear windscreen.

I've tried to show what I mean with the side below, with the white line showing my revised roof line. I don't have PhotoShop and wouldn't know how to use it, so excuse the crapiness of my work.

post-10-1129769657.jpg

Edited by ancullen

I have seriously thought in the past that a car company should hire me just to look at their new car designs and tell them if it's shit or not. Of course, I'd want to be in product planning because I reckon I could make certain car companies increase their profits and quality of their line-up by a fair bit. I'm talking to you Nissan, Toyota, and Honda.

If I couldn't get into product planning I think I'd be a shoe-in for car design with a portfolio like the above picture. :thumbsup:

Thing is though, it's not a Skyline anymore, it's just GT-R

Nissan have done what Toyota did back in the mid 80's with the Supra and made it a model in it's own right.

I like this one, it looks nicer than the G35 coupe which -could- have been the new one...

I also actually kinda like the first Z prototype better, but that's me :thumbsup:

Edited by NiteP]-[yRe

Z car prototype looks like a f@$king TVR Tuscan.

I think theyve lost the point of the GTR. It was originally built as a homologation car. Now theyre just trying to leech money off the name. f@$king european c**ts (renault).

Needs to just be an R34 with a few little changes. The same thing they did with the R31-32, 32-33 and 33-34.

The futuristic looks is only cause it is a concept car. No car-maker would have the balls tio release that onto the market. The eventual design will be alot more conservative and should be ok. I quite like the look of the 350z so hopefully it will be a similar shape but the new pathfinder looks like shit so i dunno where nissan design is going.

I'd bet on the R35 looking a lot like the GTR Proto, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the front end gets changed a bit before the design is locked in.

irokin - the first of the current GTR's (R32) was designed as homologation car for Group A racing which was at that stage the big thing in international motorsport. Except there doesn't seem to be much (any) Group A racing anymore that I know of. And the R33 and R34, whilst sticking to the same concept as the R32, weren't really used in Group A, were they? Nissan has obviously decided to try and take the GTR name upmarket and build a premium sports car. If Group A was still popular they could always just use the 350Z, couldn't they? Hence the GTR's original product placement has become somewhat obsolete, whilst there is a need in Nissan's current line-up for a 'hero car', one that will be out of the price range of most buyers, but as a result will surpass all their other vehicles in performance ability. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the new GTR's asking price is in the region of $150-200,000.

Well...after the R32s absolutly decimated the competition they were either banned or (in japan at least) got their own championship. You could almost say the GTR killed group A racing (cest la vie). 350Z isnt the same. No AWD and non turbo.

I don't like the 350Z concept OR the real car. Theyre both horrible in my eyes. HOWEVER after looking at the "New GTR" again Its not as bad as I though. Flatten the roof, less agressive front grille, bring back an uprated RB26 (V6s are the most evil engine in the world and should be banned) and Id make a marked effort to accually buy one.