Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the suggestion Mikey.

When I tried to see how much adjustment I needed It wasn't even close. This may not be the best solution, but I drilled the K pressure plate and fit it to the 3k flywheel. Everything is bolted back together now so we'll see how it goes. The fingers for the 3k pressure plate were closer to the flywheel by almost a 1/4 of an inch so I don't think that I would've been able to get it there. With everything bolted up I could move the clutch fork all the way thru it's motion with no resistance at all.

Now if I could just get the top bolt on the starter bolted back up I would be good to go.

Next question, does anyone know if the exhaust manifold plate at the down tube for the exhaust pipe is the same for any other car. I don't know what year the engine is from and I need to make an exhaust. I was thinking of pulling the down pipe off a car at the junkyard and running a straight pipe to a supertrap muffler. If there is another exhaust manifold that is close, I can just weld the pipe myself and by generic tube to fit. The 20r and 22r exhaust manifold looks close to the same shape.

Thanks again for the assistance in this. I am trying not to be a pain in the @#$ and not lose patience with this.

Glenn