My 83 Ke70 Build

shLONG13

Hey guys, after having had my L's for a while and decided to start a project of my own with some help from my Dad. After watching dad do up his cars over the years i learnt a few things along the way and decided to have a crack myself. After looking around for a car i came across Corolla ke70's and fell in love with the way they look when they are given some love and attention. So i looked around for ages trying to find one but no luck. After putting a add in the paper i found one in really good condition with a nice straight body, a fare few dents but very streight. It had a cooked engine but come with spares to rebuild it. I ended up paying a grand for the lot in the end, bargen for such a good body. We then towed it back to Dads mates house where it will stay for a while and be stripped down and prepared for paint because we have no room to do this at our house. Dads WB van was stripped down and prepared here also.

So i started my ke70 project and thought i would put it up, got a fair bit to go yet and i will keep the you guys updated. Got a few conections for a painter who is one of Dads best mates and a guy to flair the guards which is another one of Dads mates and the old man's a mechanic so no probs there. I have scrubed every part inside it for hours and kartched all the seats and thet came up really nice, concidering they where pretty black when i brought the car, very happy with it.

The engine was fully stripped and i rebuilt it with some guidence from the old man. Later on down the track I'm thinking of putting a 4-age in it :yes: don't know yet might work the 4k and keep it old school.

So i have got a quad head light set up, grill and chrome front and rear bumpers for it

15x8 superlites-gun metal grey with chrome lips on the way

Dumped on the ground, BC coilovers otherwise ile have no travel left :laff:

Flaired guards

Shmicko engine bay

Dark violet paint

Window tint

I am leaving the original interior in it because it cleaned up very nicly, but i am putting new black carpet on the parcel shelf. Aslo chucking a momo steering wheel and gear knob on it.

Sound wise it will be getting a full rockford system when i get around to it and when i can afford it with a boxed out boot with subbs and amps.

And yes i know what your all thinking, how can i afford it. Well I'm right in to my dirtbikes and i was lined up to buy this new bike for 6 grand, Dad said he would give me 4 grand and i had to pay 2 grand towards it or he would spend 4 grand on my first car, one or the other. So i thought i would be better off with a car and thats how it all started but its kinda gone a bit over board haha. But still getting it done for quiet cheap considering.

The pics below where taken as brought, the night i got it (apart from me taking the front bumper off) and the next day just after i removed the pin stripes, rubber strips, and engine and after that i gave it a good katcher clean.

Hope you like it :thumbsup:

cheers ;)

post-13044-0-50138600-1308449972_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-44485000-1308450134_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-55538000-1308450149_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-45181200-1308450352_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-78416000-1308450374_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-90951000-1308450387_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-23662300-1308450400_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-51102600-1308450413_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-30276100-1308450427_thumb.jpg

Edited by shLONG13

Members dont see this ad

very good start, car is clean, the trim is very clean... I'm very jealous. Nothing going on with the motor?

Cheers man, I'm just putting a reconditiond 4k back in her for a while with a 5 speed until i can afford to put a 4age in it

Edited by shLONG13

Good looking engine! whats the mods on it?

No mods man, can't afford it at the moment. Just been rebuilt, new bearings and seals right through, full timing kit, rings and gaskets. chucking a 4AGE in it after a year or so

Edited by shLONG13