Eoi - Lunch Cruise May 22Nd

silverra23

There was some very brief discussion at the last CC&D meet that it would be good to go on a lunch cruise, and "Crazy" from toymods posted the below:

Sunday May 22nd. Quick rundown is Lilydale, Marysville via Black Spur,Taggerty, Molesworth pub for lunch then home via Yea and Yarra Glen. Stay tuned!

Any one from rollaclub interested in coming if we do it?

Members dont see this ad

Few more details from toymods...

Starting point will be Lilydale Lake carpark, Swansea Rd entrance,( Melway map 38 G7). Meeting from 8.30am for a yak then take-off time will be 9.30am sharp to allow us time to stop in Marysville. This should then get us to the Molesworth pub about lunch time. Approx distance is 220 kms so make sure fuel tanks are full prior to arrival as there wont be too many cheap fuel points after we start. There is a Caltex on the corner of Maroondah hwy and Anderson St in Lilydale that has the cheapest fuel in the area. It'll be open at that time of day. More details as they come to hand.

• 4 weeks later...

Some extra info from Crazy on toymods

His number is 0419 302 145.. he typed it wrong in previous messages...in other news:

Reccy now done, details as per earlier post. Distance is approx 190km, all sealed roads, I used half a tank of fuel including a few detours and backtracking episodes to make sure there were no dirt roads. Pub meals ranging from pizza,fish,parmas and steaks. Open fire for the cold days and beer garden for the sunny days. Total driving time approx 3 hrs depending on how much sightseeing you want to do in Marysville. Steavenson falls are only 10 mins from the township for those interested and there are a few interesting gift shops popping up in marysville since the fires. I hope you will support the local trades to help their recovery. I'm planning to leave Marysville approx 11.45 to give people time to look around town. Fuel is now available in Marysville and Buxton. See you on the 22nd.

He has suggested everyone turn up with full tank of gas, which sounds sensible to me.

Have a great time, I will be in Sydney with my brother and the vw nationals