Missing?!??

Figjam14

hey all,

I no this isnt nothing to do with a corolla but I'm really stuck...

I have an ef xr8 and everytime i start it up for about 2/3 minutes it misses then after that it goes good again and doesnt miss.

and its a real dog to drive on the road cozz ya can only rev to about 2000rpm while it does it.

Evan if you have just been driving for an hour or so stop for 2 minutes turn ur car off and go again it will still do it??

I think it might be a sencer but I'm not to sure??? what use reckon it might bee

Cheers all

Members dont see this ad

G`day mate, according to my son who works in the car electronics industry, he reckons that it is more than likely a faulty air flow meter and is usually caused by a dirty air filter.

To be certain take the car to a local auto electrician or aout mechanical place and ask them to put their diagnostic computer on it. It`ll take about 5 minutes and then you`ll know for sure.

If you happen to be around the Toowoomba area, message me and I`ll tell you where to go.

Cheers.

Not to worry you too much but my work used to take their cars to get serviced to the proper guys (Holden/Isuzu).

Found out they were getting paid bonus' for how many cars through the door.

Little things like air filters wouldn't get done.

They found a local guy who was cheaper and done it by the book, properly.

G`day mate, according to my son who works in the car electronics industry, he reckons that it is more than likely a faulty air flow meter and is usually caused by a dirty air filter.

To be certain take the car to a local auto electrician or aout mechanical place and ask them to put their diagnostic computer on it. It`ll take about 5 minutes and then you`ll know for sure.

If you happen to be around the Toowoomba area, message me and I`ll tell you where to go.

Cheers.

Thanks for that mate, I'm from wa soo bit far away, my bros a mechanic and he said he will put the computer at work on it for me but just never get around to going down there. althought if it was the air flo meter wouldnt it miss the whole time you drive not just for a few mins??

thanks tyler

Not to worry you too much but my work used to take their cars to get serviced to the proper guys (Holden/Isuzu).

Found out they were getting paid bonus' for how many cars through the door.

Little things like air filters wouldn't get done.

They found a local guy who was cheaper and done it by the book, properly.

My brother use to work at the place we took it, and there just a local shop, so i doubt they wouldnt off done anything wrong.

its got a k&n so ill give it a wash tomorrow i also have a spare ill try that....

quick question off topic, but are pod filters worth it?

hmm doubt it

You're here asking vague questions cause you don't know, people are making suggestions as you asked for, and you just shut them down. Without testing their ideas. You have stated you clearly have access to a scan tool to test the efi, which is the best and only sensible way to go unless you are going to swap every sensor and test one by one. And judging by the above response, you clearly do not want to help yourself by actually trying anything. Couple that with the fact you can go scan the car whenever and you arent, leads me to only one response. Stop wasting our time with this crap.

Looks like yet another case of I'm too tight to pay for a mechanic syndrome from another person with a big car they cannot afford.

Ill give one bit of advice only. Sell the ford tank and buy a Corolla.

You're here asking vague questions cause you don't know, people are making suggestions as you asked for, and you just shut them down. Without testing their ideas. You have stated you clearly have access to a scan tool to test the efi, which is the best and only sensible way to go unless you are going to swap every sensor and test one by one. And judging by the above response, you clearly do not want to help yourself by actually trying anything. Couple that with the fact you can go scan the car whenever and you arent, leads me to only one response. Stop wasting our time with this crap.

Looks like yet another case of I'm too tight to pay for a mechanic syndrome from another person with a big car they cannot afford.

Ill give one bit of advice only. Sell the ford tank and buy a Corolla.

buddy I'm 16, i can't just go drive 70km to my brothers work by myself, both my parents work full time, ive been trying to get down there for ages but they arnt open on weekends and shut before we can get down there.. now i remember why i left this forum :l

I have a overrated corolla allready, me and my bro were doin a burnout and the dick crashed it now i need a new bumper and gaurd.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bumper and gaurd we can help you with.

Diagnosing a random issue on an XR8 we cannot.

What do you expect of us? We could send the rollaclub helicopter with a crack team of FPR supercar techs, and their electronic studio of scanners, dataloggers and telemetry equipment, but I don't know where I left the keys to the helicopter. Sorry. Will update if I find them. :rolls:

If you own an XR8 and cannot be bothered to fix it, or are unable to drive it alone for a distance of 70klms, its time to switch to public transport. WA is a big state, Australia is a massive country. If 60klm is in the too hard basket there is no hope. I can assure you its inconvienient for anyone when they have to see a mechanic. I can't see, at 16 years of age, anyone having such a high pressure job that they cannot be absent for the 1 hour it will take to deliver the car. Once again, you haven't and will not do anything to help yourself. There will be a mechanic closer than 70klms I'd assume. Why not take it there? Anyone with a scan tool can find your problem! In most likely 5 minutes.

Join a Ford forum and ask them if you must persist with internet drivel diagnosis. They may care, maybe not.

If this is why you left, because people were short with you about your FORD and its easily found issues, then why come back?

I'm all for encouraging new members but you have to understand, we get people all day who ask the same three questions. Why does my car not work properly and how do I fix it, how much is my crapbox worth, and how to setup a ke70 for drift yo.

Its unstimulating enough when its a Toyota they refer to, but a Ford, come one man. At least Holden shared models with Toyota, but Ford. Thats like asking an eskimo how to survive in the desert.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Ok so it misses on start up and goes away after 2-3 mins.

Likly to be related to the vehicle after you have turned it off the day before.

For example leaking injectors will cause a miss once the car is started because of the excess fuel in the combustion chamber.

Also cracked head or head gasket problem is related to car being warm then sitting after.

Coolant will leak into the combustion chamber until the engine heats up and the engine components expand and stop the leak.

Electrical problems can also be heat related due the the metal components that expand and retract so water temp sensor is a possibility as the ecu might be overfuelling the engine which will cause a miss until the motor warms up.

There you go a heap of stuff for you to check on.

Bumper and gaurd we can help you with.

Diagnosing a random issue on an XR8 we cannot.

What do you expect of us? We could send the rollaclub helicopter with a crack team of FPR supercar techs, and their electronic studio of scanners, dataloggers and telemetry equipment, but I don't know where I left the keys to the helicopter. Sorry. Will update if I find them. :rolls:

If you own an XR8 and cannot be bothered to fix it, or are unable to drive it alone for a distance of 70klms, its time to switch to public transport. WA is a big state, Australia is a massive country. If 60klm is in the too hard basket there is no hope. I can assure you its inconvienient for anyone when they have to see a mechanic. I can't see, at 16 years of age, anyone having such a high pressure job that they cannot be absent for the 1 hour it will take to deliver the car. Once again, you haven't and will not do anything to help yourself. There will be a mechanic closer than 70klms I'd assume. Why not take it there? Anyone with a scan tool can find your problem! In most likely 5 minutes.

Join a Ford forum and ask them if you must persist with internet drivel diagnosis. They may care, maybe not.

If this is why you left, because people were short with you about your FORD and its easily found issues, then why come back?

I'm all for encouraging new members but you have to understand, we get people all day who ask the same three questions. Why does my car not work properly and how do I fix it, how much is my crapbox worth, and how to setup a ke70 for drift yo.

Its unstimulating enough when its a Toyota they refer to, but a Ford, come one man. At least Holden shared models with Toyota, but Ford. Thats like asking an eskimo how to survive in the desert.

Mate its not easy for me okay, yes i have a closer mechanic but i have allready spend 1000 on it there and there not cheap.

I'm also trying to save up my money for a nice set of a mags.

I'm not being lazy not fixing it myself thats why I'm asking you guys, but its hard when i ask for some help and you just shut me down, if you had no intension of helping me why come causing shit? ive done nothing to you before.....

Also maybe my parents work lots you ever thought of that instead of living on some forum like others.....

Edited by xr8racer