2Tgte 3Tgte 4Tgte 4Age 3Tc Turbo Or Super Charged

t18drifts

ok so I'm looking at trying to hunt down in preference a 3tgte over a 2tgte but if i could get my hands on the 4TGTE it would mine in the future now

i have wiki searched and google not realy much info on them

just wandering what cars they came in and if its possible to come by a 4tgte

but realisticly i would prefer a 3tgte could any one help me out i wont beable to buy right now but i am looking :rolls:

any help would be apreciated becuse google isnt proving helpfull

also veiws on 3tc turbo or super charged

or the 4age ect ect

at the end of the day it will be a track car in a year and a half for drift

MATT

Edited by t18drifts

Members dont see this ad

id been looking for a few hours

i couldnt make much sence of it though :(

thats why I'm asking here

i no there is info on them but not enough info that i would like

and on availability on parts

Edited by t18drifts

Theres not really a huge avaliability for parts in relation to the stock engine itself.

If you spent some coin, and beefed it up with a new tubo, manifold, plenum, ECU etc that would reduce the risk, but it still stands the internals could let go.

If your really worried, your best bet (dare I say it) would be to go a 4AGE and turbo it. That way you can also convert to rack and pinion at the same time

yeah thats true but brd racing to a whole for the 3tc 2tc and abit on the 2tgte 3tgte and

and unlike the the 4age itll bolt straight in so i have been told

how hard t series gear boxes wont bolt straight up to a 4 age wil they and arnt they mainly fwd

hmm i may considder keeping a 3tc but i id rathe go over head cam and fuel injection

and have a later model engine how much differecne would there be in converting to 3sgte than 4 age

becuse i would loves a 3sgte then a 4age

Edited by t18drifts

Give up with the 4TGTE, it's a homologation special to my understanding. It was built for group B rallying and IMSA racing in the states. The closest you'll get is by sourcing a 3TGTE and boring it to 88-89mm. The 4T also has a longer stroke crank, 84mm I think to bring it to 2.1 litres. I think that's in the evolution model though.

Unless you need a T series motor, go for a A series or S series. Far easier to get parts for, more power and probably cheaper all said and done, even if you get mounts custom made.

Well 3sgte takes a lot more to convert to rwd than 4age does. There's the sump which you'll have to custom make, $$$

Then you'll need a w55 and 2sc bellhousing, plus more i'm forgetting. Then you have to mount it.

4age is the way to go, dump in an ae71 crossmember for the rack and pinion and then you have the mounts for 4age sitting there as well ;)

To get a T series to a 4age you get a ae71/ ae86 box. Ta22/ t18 are different and wont work.

3tgte are hard engines to get parts for, i found that out. So i scratched the idea and i'm now building up a 3t-te.

The parts are easy to come by from ebay us bar the fuel injection which i'll have to source here.

4age is the best idea though as there is tons of aftermarket support and knowledge on them

you sir have a decent point id keep the 3tc and rebuild and turbo it all with custom shiz from brd racing but it will be limited for power with out crazy dollors on it

but no conversion needed i keep changing my mind on plans for it ill have my mind set on a certain path for it eventualy itll just be a track car

and my original plan was to go turbo carb 3tc but then I'm not sure on how long it would last being thrashed as a drifter so i thought ok new engine and i was told about 2 3 4tgte

and i was like bam problemo solved then thay are not easy to get hold of then there is parts are just ass hard to come by so i was like back to the 3t carb turbs.

hmm a 4age ... how rock solid are they will internals have to be custum with a turbo at around 10 to 15 psi

or 3tc super charged i realy can't make my mind up on it...... :blinks:

Since you (without sounding rude) don't know a heep yet heres a good option.

Keep the 3TC. Get some extractors, electric fuel pump, thermo fan, twin Webers and maybe a mild cam. It will have plenty of torque and will love to rev. And sounds great.

Run that for a while, get use to it, keep things simple. And more importantly save some money while having fun.

With the money saved / time your spending having fun, build up a 4AGTE with an AE71 crossmember to bolt straight in for the future.

Sounds like a plan. The T motors are very robust. Look up some of the Puerto Rican drag cars running 3T's on youtube, they are insane!

Supercharger will get around the need for a custom exhaust, but then you have to work out pulleys. In the long run it's probably much the same.

so true correct me if I'm wrong but u dnt have to worry about different exhoust manifold and no computer to run the turbo ect and with a super charger were does a inteer cooler come in u wouldnt need one would you if you don't need the exhoust to run it like a turbo

Parts for the 3TGTE are NOT that hard to get hold of... I've got a friggin shed load of them... Probably enough to build at least two or three solid engines.

What I don't have is the time to put them together.

As for a T50 holding up behind one... They will... so long as you don't treat it like a dirty hippy and smash it around laughing hysterically.

That said, high boost, and regular hard clutch dumps will kill it eventually, since it's got a does more torque than a 4AGE (even more than a silvertop... Same power, but more TORQUE!!!)

And, the other fun part is, it's bolt in... Straight bolt up. Oh, if you did decide you HAVE to use a W box, keep the W55 out of the Celica/Corona, and bolt the front section of the tailshaft up to the rear section of an AE86 tailshaft, and voila! instant box conversion.

Only thing you have to do to get it to fit in the bay is take to take a hammer to a particular point on the firewall, and "Massage" it to fit the slightly larger starter motor nose... only about an inch worth though.

we struggled for traction and ran a 13.4 on 195 bob janes with that setup...

Oh, I also have a full exhaust to suit a 3TGTE into T18... in case you decide you need one... ;)

Without going too much into the details of 4AGE vs 3TGTE, i'd have to say, for ease of install, sourcing, modification and strength, I'll continue to stick with 3TGTE over 4AGE.