Ke30/Ke55 Swaybars

rob83ke70

I've got a ke30 which is going to be primarily driven on gravel, it currently has the small front swaybar and no rear swaybar, and I have a ke55 which is being pulled apart for the good bits to go into the ke30, and it has the bigger front swaybar and it has a rear swaybar. Is it worth swapping swaybar setups from one to the other?

Robert.

Members dont see this ad

not sure about the diff yet, I'm considering either a phantom grip or maybe *maybe* welding it.

when we were running the ke55 it had an open centre diff and both swaybars, and it did have some issues spinning one wheel. Never tried it without the rear swaybar in a khanacross :(

Ran a locker in my KE20 with and without a rear bar. Rear bar didnt last very long before it was removed. A bit unnerving using the drivers window to see while in third gear during an autocross.

Ended up disconnecting one arm to try to tame it a bit, which did work. Ended up with softened springs - 2 leaves instead of 4. This helped lots in my case.