Tercel Diffs

corollaart

Ok have looked at two tercels today ,mainly chasing a tseries diff centre.I have seached forums but seems some controversy as what

series diff are in these things. :hmm:

Ive read that there a y series,s series and a r series got me stuffed :bash: or also a large axle t series.

The first one i looked at had a 3ac north /south ,AL25 not sure about trans because the id plate was unstamped.

Had look at the rear diff looked like t series,but i guess could be any think.

The second one was also a tercel but with a 4afe engine ,trans code ES7F5834 as best i could read it,but nothing to suggest t-series.

It also looked very much like a t series.

Any one no any think about them ??

rob

Members dont see this ad

Yeah, from what I remember there is an early and late 4wd corolla wagon

the early one being the Toyota Tercel AL25 and the later one being the

Toyota Corolla 4wd Wagon AE95

The Toyota Tercel AL25 I am unsure of what diff it uses, not T series though.

The Toyota Corolla 4wd Wagon AE95 has the kouki T series diff, ie large axle T series in

the rear but one difference is that it has tiny 4x100mm pcd axles which are unable to be

drilled to 4x110mm pcd or 4x114.3mm pcd as the flange is too small in diameter for the larger

pcd drillings and the suspension mounting points may be different as well.

Easy to spot at the wreckers on the tailgate as one is marked Tercel and the other Corolla 4WD wagon.

Firewall is your best bet to confirm if T series and ratios.

Hope that helps.

Edited by styler

Hi,

Just to add to the controversy. I know a KE10 getting around with a tercel Diff centre in it.

now here is the weird part the centre bolted into the KE10 housing and KE10 axles and all fitted it all bolt in. But the flange for the drive shaft is drilled different one hole is offset and wont line up so this uy bolted on 3 bolts and then redrilled 4th hole.

He used it to get a 3.XXX ratio diff in his KE10 to make it a good cruiser so not sure if it was the large or small diff but he uses tercel centres in KE1X diffs so could be a clue to what they are???

Cameron