How Much Is A Ke70 Rolling Shell Worth??

Hi folks, this is my first post on here so I'm going to sound like a complete noob.

I'm just wondering how much a KE70 rolling shell is worth? Ive found one just up the road from me, it has rolled gaurds, chopped springs welded diff and not much rust, its in primer and comes with both the newer sloped front end 'standered' and he can throw in an older flat front. also for extra i could have a t18 diff (the one you can get a trd lsd for) and a 4 speed box and a 4k.

One small isue is the crosmember is set up for a Nissan CA18, which makes me think about going with that?

I have a nice running 4k as it is, along with a set of Tein S13 front coilovers with cambertops, rear kingsprings and S13 front brakes all ready to bolt in.

So, can anybody please tell me how much I should be paying for the rolla'?

Cheers, Connor.

Members dont see this ad

I'm just wondering how much a KE70 rolling shell is worth?

You might get about $20 for it at the scrap metal place, not sure how much scrap metal is going for these days. (Just joking)

Just like everything else its only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

I got no idea how much it would be worth.

Hi folks, this is my first post on here so I'm going to sound like a complete noob.

I'm just wondering how much a KE70 rolling shell is worth? Ive found one just up the road from me, it has rolled gaurds, chopped springs welded diff and not much rust, its in primer and comes with both the newer sloped front end 'standered' and he can throw in an older flat front. also for extra i could have a t18 diff (the one you can get a trd lsd for) and a 4 speed box and a 4k.

One small isue is the crosmember is set up for a Nissan CA18, which makes me think about going with that?

I have a nice running 4k as it is, along with a set of Tein S13 front coilovers with cambertops, rear kingsprings and S13 front brakes all ready to bolt in.

So, can anybody please tell me how much I should be paying for the rolla'?

Cheers, Connor.

Depends on how bad you want it, could range between $100 to $800.

Wouldnt think much more then 300/400 hundred thought i coulda got a lisenced ke70 4 speed in average condition for 200 but turned it down so who noes...

its too hard to say what it is worth.

to 99% of the population its not worth anything.

to the scrap metal you might get 100bucks.

some people manage to find complete running ke70's for under $300

other people try and charge 1000 for a shell with a few dents.

from what you are describing i wouldn't be paying more than about 200bucks for the shell alone. few extra hundred for those extra bits perhaps.

Sounds like a patchy plan.

If it were me Id sell the s13 suspension and get ae86 gear for the front end, ditch the cut springs, the t18 diff is nice but not nice behind a ca18. Its as expensive as any diff to fix...

Got any pics of the car?

If you ask me the price of a bare shell revolves directly around 1 thing.

Ease of restoration. If it were just a straight car that you can wheel into a body shop and paint, and not worry about rust or dents then its worth top dollar. If it needs rust repaired in numerous places, has been paddocked and is all beat up underneath, has had badly executed repairs or modifications its not really worth much at all.

Id say top dollar for a nice, clean rolling example that you can paint and use, maybe $1000. If its going to require work then scrap value I guess. Its up to you to decide how far along the range it is.

Steer clear of cars that have rust in the sills or anywhere underneath. Mechanics will not put them on a hoist as they will colllapse and fall on them, so it is essentially useless. Steer clear of a car that has rust in the roof, around the screens, or in the pillars. You could expect a bit under the boot lid around the seal, or in the lower rear 1/4 panels, this is easier to fix than structural members, which I think need to be fixed at a shop and will cost a lot more than the $1000 a straight and rust free shell should cost.

I've had a rolling shell I was trying to sell for $100 and got no takers so the ball is really in your court,offer what you think its worth to you but from what you say I wouldn't think anything over $200 max.

PS-I bought a complete running just out of reg 83 ke70 265000k's auto for $500

Edited by jimmy-d