Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Sick Ke55

Featured Replies

hey all

 

I first bought my ke55 off ebay, it had:

-a new blood orange paint job

-2" lowering blocks

-no engine

-no locks

-no side windows

-half a loom

 

post-9148-038855500 1305104320_thumb.jpgpost-9148-048995400 1305104501_thumb.jpg

 

 

The plan was to have a nice ke55 daily driver that was nice to look at and reliable.

I decided to keep the stock interior just tidy it up a little with reapolstering the seats in black, new black carpet, new black headliner.

I have bought 6 new auto meter guages which i am making a new gauge cluster out of.

The gauges include:

-Speedo

-Tahco

-Water Temp

-Fuel Level

-Oil press

-Volts

 

 

 

I am also taking out the ignition and replacing it with a switch for accessories, a switch for reds and a push start button.

 

I am putting in an alpine flip out screen above the shifter, two alpine SR speekers under the dash and two under the pastel shelf, a kenwood amp under each of the front seats and two kenwood subs fibreglassed into the boot.

Also fitting an alarm and power windows.

 

 

I have hidden all the wiring in the engine bay to make it look alot cleaner and attaching it to a drycell battery.

I decided to keep the 5k engine with a 5 speed with twin carbies and extractors with a 2.5" exhaust with dump pipe.

i pulled off the brakes to paint them cherry red.

post-9148-051085200 1305104540_thumb.jpg

It looks good man, can't wait to see that motor in her

good luck man

a great start can't wait for the build

  • Author

Original door trim from donor car.

post-9148-006100400 1305186639_thumb.jpg

 

Engine finally going in. it was hard doing it on a dirt road.

post-9148-046733100 1305186970_thumb.jpg

 

Engine in.

post-9148-004252200 1305187462_thumb.jpg

 

Donor car.

post-9148-080516000 1305187620_thumb.jpg

 

Painted brakes. before and after.

post-9148-067459700 1305187944_thumb.jpg

Looks to be agood starting point, hopefully they did a good job with the paint.

Those chromies on the blue car are awful, hope you don't plan on using them lol...

Good looking car, I'll be watching this thread. I ALSO hope you aren't gonna use those chromies...

  • Author

No i am definetly not using those chromies, i will be selling them with the blue rolls when i sell it.

 

 

Heres an update picture

post-9148-0-48057500-1305965528_thumb.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...

hahah good to see that blue ' car ' that I once owned going to a good use.

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

A few things have happened since the last update.

I have the pulled the 5k back out to tidy up the engine bay. While the engine was out i cleaned it all up and painted it mat black.

I painted the x-member, brake lines, fuel lines and steering rack gloss black.

The engine bay is going to be all orange with black 5k with random chrome/stainless and red bits.

 

The gauges have been fitted into the dash along with the push start and the entire dash has been painted mat black.

 

post-9148-0-57021000-1313197079_thumb.jpgpost-9148-0-48241000-1313198164_thumb.jpg

post-9148-0-75571100-1313198370_thumb.jpgpost-9148-0-16556700-1313199014_thumb.jpg

post-9148-0-76080500-1313199381_thumb.jpg

looks killer man can't wait to see progress.

 

you changin the wheels later on or keepin the ones on there.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Ill probably keep those rims on it for now until i find something better. Those 20s won't be going on it.

  • Author

5k is back in the car but not running yet. looks good though.

post-9148-0-55982200-1314601871_thumb.jpg

post-9148-0-81194100-1314601958_thumb.jpg

nice neat little car :)

don't mind me asking, how much did it set ya back?

Cheers

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.