Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Sick Ke55

Featured Replies

That looks great!! Very neat.

 

Gives me a little inspiration to my little KE55

  • 1 year later...
  • Author

hey all.

A lot has happened to the rolla since the last post.

I've had the twin carbies taken off and rebuilt, has made a huge difference to the amount of fuel its using.

It still leaves black marks everywhere i park it though.

 

The rear brakes were pissing out into the drums so i had them redone, which added more pressure into the brake line every time I hit the brakes (as it wasnt leaking out anymore) which in turn blew the master cylinder. Which then ate most of the paint behind the brake booster.

 

The car is up for a respray, the first paint job was ok but who ever did it didn't get all the rust.

 

I got a 2 1/4" exhaust system in. Was pretty loud so I ended putting a longer hotdog in to take off some of the edge.

 

To kill some of the road noise i stripped the interior and boot and put sound deadening in everywhere I could fit it. it has made a massive difference.

 

The car is pretty reliable now, only problem is the amount of fuel and oil it uses at 110kms. it revs at about 3500rpm in fifth and you can definitely smell the oil. Not entirely sure what I'm going to do about that but ill sort something.

 

Future plans are to get the suspension stiffened and possibly lowered. the front springs were cut so they are pretty much useless and the back is stock from back in the day so it'll be getting an extra leaf.

 

Would like to get a nice set of 5 spoke chrome rims for it. maybe 15"-16".

Also considering getting a gilmer drive for it. Its pretty much just the cost thats the issue.

 

Thats about it for now. ill add some pictures too. If you have any advice or comments please let me know.

post-9148-0-06045200-1368841184_thumb.jpg

post-9148-0-66739600-1368841257_thumb.jpg

post-9148-0-43452200-1368841341_thumb.jpg

 

The car is pretty reliable now, only problem is the amount of fuel and oil it uses at 110kms. it revs at about 3500rpm in fifth and you can definitely smell the oil. Not entirely sure what I'm going to do about that but ill sort something.

 

 

Cough Cough http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/64554-sr20-mounting-kits-now-available-ke30-ke70-ae71-ae86/

i don't quite understand the gilmer drives. other than a straight cut toothed belt is that the only difference? that it makes that whine?

The actual advantage of them is you can run far less tension on the belt compared to a v belt, relieving load on the bearings. Every one gets a blind sided by the noise though....been guilty of that myself.

  • 1 year later...
  • Author

A change of direction has happened, I wasn't happy with the power that the 5k was putting out and I stumbled across a 4k turbo fuel injected set up on eBay that sleepercorty was selling. So I drove up to QLD to grab that, took the 5k out and put the 4k in.

 

I have since replaced all the fuel lines in copper as I'm a plumber and that was the easiest way to go as they were ʞ©$ɟed anyway, installed a surge tank with the two pumps and a heavy duty fuel filter which cost a overrated as its going to be running e85 and not all pumps and filters can handle that fuel. (not all together in photo because I took the tank out to weld new barbs in it for the surge tank)

 

I grabbed a B&M shifter for the trimatic tranny which should make slamming through gears fun.

 

I have a mate who works for a company who build race cars and he is making a new custom intake manifold and exhaust manifold to make the the flow a little better and to make some more power.

 

The motor had a blown head so I got it slightly skimmed, new copper cometic gasket and ARP head studs as the originals were STRETCHED.

 

I have also fitted a turbosmart plumb back BOV and a turbosmart dual stage boost controller.

 

One of the things I'm not 100% sure on is what oil to be running through the motor and turbo, anyone have any suggestions?

 

It's obviously more effort then a lot of people would go to with a 4k but its going to be interesting to see what sort of power it makes, sleepercorty said he made 160rwhp on 20psi so I'm hoping to make more then that.

 

Please leave your feedback as I'm interested to see what you guys think

 

post-9148-0-47137400-1417779600_thumb.jpg

post-9148-0-44384800-1417779633_thumb.jpg

post-9148-0-60575700-1417779665_thumb.jpg

post-9148-0-40511900-1417779691_thumb.jpg

I'm interested to see what you guys think

 

we think you're mad!

 

but you're doing a great job!

 

I like the soundproofing, old cars are terribly noisy compared to new ones. What product is it and what was it worth? I've made sure the boot & bonnet on both my KE70s have the frame well glued to the panel, they often give up, and the blue car has a modern inulation blanket on the underside. It all helps...

 

For oil I'd use a full synthetic 15W-40 for the turbo heat, but other guys on here run turbos an they will know.

  • Author

thanks mate.

It's mongoose sound deadening. I think it was $120 a box and you get 9 sheets in a box. It's just a pain to install, especially inside the doors. But it works well with road noise.

 

Yeah the turbo is going to sit pretty close to the bonnet so I'm going to need to do something to protect it.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.