Ke55 Drift Car

dbr11k

thanks for the help i didn't realise e7 shocks would fit but i will be sure to check out the ajps site, i never said i was drifting with people in the back seat(i can't stand people driving silly with other people in the car), i just meant when i first got it i went for a cruise and everybody that hopped in the back said it was like sitting in a trampoline lol. my plans are to move to qld by the end of the year so when i finally get there i will have to go see a suspension place about custom springs, by then hopefully i will have an r31 diff modded and fitted.

i seen that lloyd smith video, but is there anyway to stop the body throwing around that vicious? i understand that there is a few different sorts of diffs for ke55/30's? mine doesnt have a sway bar or sway bar mounts?

Members dont see this ad

bit of fckn about but they can be installed.. i did one on my ke30.. exhaust clamps to fix the sway bar to the diff.. then drill the chassis install crush tubes and viola done... took me 4hrs to do it tho... drilling the holes

in the chassis is a bithc cos there isn't room enough for a drill without removing the diff.

I thought all ke55's came with front and rear swaybars stock? You could easily source one from the wreckers or if your a mad dog weld one in!

early ke55's didn't come with sway bars, late model ke55's(square headlight) came with them. I'm pretty sure ebay sells a setup that you can bolt around the diff, unsure how it would attach to chassis though.

early ke55's didn't come with sway bars, late model ke55's(square headlight) came with them. I'm pretty sure ebay sells a setup that you can bolt around the diff, unsure how it would attach to chassis though.

I got lucky then i guess haha, but it makes up for having sh*tty square headlights.. :/

really? 80 models didn't and 81's did? or was it a factory option?

I was just gauging off the ke55's I've seen, more info please towe001

I had a look at 4 of my ke55s, all square headlight and not one has a rear swaybar?

couldnt see any type of mounts for it eather.

It was a late 80's model. A bit of a bastard love child cause it shared the body with the '81 model ke55 but the interior was a mix of late model '55 and early model '55. It only had two speed wipers, no trip meter on the speedo. No rear sway bar.

Its about all i can remember of it. There was a thread a while back on the differences between the '30 and '55, i made a couple of postings in it about the car.