A Yellow Ke55 Coupe

Oh-KE

Hey, picked this little beauty up earlier in the week. It's a yellow, 1980, ke55 cs coupe, auto. Not too bad condition. Has some rust spots and dents. Interior is quite good apart from dash top, most things work. The heater works! The 4k runs well and goes alright considering it's auto. Plans are to clean it up, put it on historic rego and then later I will think about a manual conversion and other mods. But for now I'm just cruising around in it and doing a few repairs. I have got some touch up paint already and have done a few little repairs. I shaved the rear corolla badge, welded holes up and gave it some paint and also under the fuel cap I did a small rust repair. Pretty happy with it overall and for 500 bucks with a months rego left! :yes:

Here it is..

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Cheers, yeah the bumper are horrible and will be changed when I can find some decent ke30 ones. Or even the earlier the ke55 would be better. Don't mind the tailights so much, they will probably stay for the moment. Square front headlights staying for sure. 80s represent!

Pics are a little bit deceiving. It looks more rough in real life but if I had the space I probably would at least take it off the road for a bit so I can tidy it up. I really don't have the space though..

A bit of an update. Today I went to the local self serve wrecker and found a fairly new looking set of extractors for $50! :dance:

Also grabbed a washer bottle and pump as mine are stuffed.

IMG_3018.jpg

I wasn't really looking for a coupe. I was just keeping my eye out for a cheap 30+ year old corolla for historic rego purposes so I can drive 4 days a week for like 250 a year. So it was mainly due to it being cheap that I got it. I do like the look of them though.

Wagon > Coupe :yes: