Rolla__Boy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha yeah you are right. Just ask my back.

What colour swift, I remember seeing a white swift with chrome wheels yesterday and also a black one, but I think the black one I over took.

Nah, dark green/black looking one... stock, its the friends mums car. :jamie:

• 3 weeks later...

what is actually stoping you from uping the boost level anyway? I'm right in saying that you would legely have to get it engineered to run a 5k??? only alowed an extra 10% above the stock engine cc's arnt ya??

some rollas came out with 4k's already in them didnt they and a 5k would be allowed??. man i want a boosted 4/5k :D what would it cost to do anywa roughly?? including the sc/extractors/piping and everything??

thanks, muller

Money is stopping me.

Here (being Canberra) 5K is too big an increase from a 4K anyway. Yes I would have to engineer the 5K.

I used to run the same sort of supercharger on standard 4K's, just with a weber on the SC, and they went ok. They would last about a year each with hard driving and boiling on a daily basis.

This 5K was in excellent condition, and with the better carby setup, on less than half the boost, it is easily twice as fast as the old 4K's were....With tuning to come.

SC's cost somewhere between $250-$400, that carby cost me $66 delivered. Extractors are whatever you can pick em up for. You need Elec fuel pump. Brackets made up, obviously the piping made up, that will all depend on if you can do it yourself, or who you can get to do it cheaply. You need a pulley system made up, an electric fan, as the SC belt would hit the standard fan.

If you can do most stuff yourself, or get it done really cheap, you could do the whole thing for $1000

Edited by Rolla__Boy

thanks for the info man, id gladly spend a grand on an old rolla to have some decent fun. couple more questions though...

when you say it lasted a year of driving ard nd overheating it, what actualy gave out?? and how owuld you over come this problem if you didnt want to drive like a granny??

the sc you using is off a 4agze right? is it a throwaway charger or is it worth geting one rebuilt if its on its way out?? i know that turbos develop shaft play and sometimes its not worth rebuilding them.

wheres your best bet to get a good condition sc or can you buy them new?? is the only reason you use the old sc's is that there dimadosen and cheap?? why not get something newer?

thanks

I have never actually had an engine blow up. The timing chain goes, and they get smokey, so I replace them. Don't forget I am talking 300,000K old 4K's here, that are dead standard....I intend to have my 5K last a little longer than that

The SC I have is a 1GGZE off the 6 Cyl. Apparently they can be rebuilt, but the bearings are pressed in, so you would need to smash them out and machine the housing to clean it up. Then use a bigger bearing. This would be more hassle than it is worth, so people never do it.

$250 is so cheap as it is, I think the 4AGZE SC's can be got even cheaper, but I would use the bigger one.

I got mine from SSS in Melbourne, or are they in Sydney? I can't remember, but they advertise in car mags ALL the time.

I have no idea how many K's are on them, but mine is perfect, no noise, no play. I doubt they can still be purchased new anymore.

I will soon be having my pulley arrangement changed, along with my top bracket. So I will post pics of the whole setup for you after that is done.

my old man is going down to melb this weekend to pick up some wheels and I'm goin with him for something to do, but while I'm there I'm goin to ask about some wheels, and drop into sss auto and price an engine and some superchargers.

while I'm there i might as well check out some others for the same things. does anyone know of any more shops that sell this kind of stuff in the melb area. i don't know much in the way of where anything is down there.

much apreciated. muller

Edited by muller