Jrad

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tell you what, yellow really grows on you after a while.

When I got it, I was adamant that it wouldn't stay yellow.

But how uncommon is yellow on a car nowadays? I like the uniqueness

Hey buddy just wondering what was involved in the flat front conversion and what parts You used, any help will be appreciated because I think your conversion looks sick with the rt104 lights and planning to do it on my ke

Cheers daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Started to do a few more small things, painted the extractors today with VHT paint. Could've painted them primrose yellow, but thought I'd be a bit more generic!

Might start to disassemble the 5k, and get some gaskets etc.

Also, I've gotta put some brackets on the coilovers as the brake lines are rubbing on the tyres. Obviously, I haven't been driving it too much because of that.

63331938480363244_6lPI9rww_c.jpg

Looks awesome, its be mad if you could source some DX bumpers that are maybe a bit shitty chrome wise, strip them and paint them black.

Yellow and black looks sooooooo good together.

Do my old trick and wrap the tail lights and indicators in black stockings :D

but even shitty DX bumpers will cost me an arm and a leg haha, prices on any corolla part has gone crazy lately.

I'm happy with the looks atm. Drop it a little more, maybe space it out a little even.

I've got plenty of room to move now with the coils and it isn't my daily so I'm not too concerned about cop attention, plus there isn't much to scrape underneath.

• 2 weeks later...

Just staying active in the forums with a small update.

Went to winterfest and it was a good turnout! The weather held off and it was great to see all the cars there.

A few I enjoyed, Hendo's 1UZ cressida and all the real old Coronas/Crowns.

Also, the mark II there, with the original interior covers was really cool to see!

Couple of images here: NOT MINE. Recycled from Silverra/Adam's album. Credit is due to him.

IMG_1676.JPG

IMG_1601.JPG

On a new note!

There is around an 80% chance of securing a new daily driver to replace my crummydore.

A 2002 corolla hatch. Black, manual, 120,000kms.

Getting it for a song, and whilst it isn't my first choice, this is a situation where I would be stupid not to, even down the track if I decide I don't like it I'll still make a profit from it. It's damaged, but owning a shop that is but a minor speed bump :)

I'll be excited to have a car that's reliable haha.

Biggest downside? 4x100 is a sucky stud pattern for wheels, but I'll eventually update about it.

Your car looked great at winterfest!!

On your new rolla. Did you happen to see the white AE-82 seca(long back) with the charcoal 17's on it? They are the most tasteful FWD wheel I've seen. There not over the top, still 4x100 and being ANZ brand aren't expensive.

Thanks! I like to keep it clean... unlike that red thing. Did you see that?

I mean, I get weight reduction, but everything that was removed was structural!

And the news is: I bought it :) Pretty happy with the purchase. Will most likely pick it up next week or so. And it's actually a 2003!

I saw that, I've never really taken much notice of them, but since seeing it I reckon I've seen about 10 on the roads.

That car is beautiful! Very clean, very tasteful, and I applaud the owner. That's how I like my cars modified. A nice drop, with wheels and subtle mods.

I've been looking at rims - 15' are too small, and I'm looking at about a 16x8, +25/+20 offset, getting flush with the guards, which is proving hard to find!

I'm a tightarse (would rather spend the money on good tyres!) and was looking at XXR 521 rims, or Work Equip 03 knock-offs.

XXR 521:

175690_723945680086_19511502_38474838_1454212_o.jpg

Works, as modelled here on this beautiful 86:

310_full.jpg

Although the ANZ are definitely a possibility! I'm willing to spend around $800 on something I really like, just for the rims.

I can't really justify the $2000 for genuine rims, it's not like I'll be racing this car and giving it huge amounts of lateral roll - which is what really hurts non-gen wheels.

edit: Did a quick google, and can't find much info about ANZ ever producing a mesh wheel. Are you sure that's the brand of them?

Edited by Jrad

This car looked great at winterfest, pictures don't do it justice. Good work on purchasing the 03 Corolla, it may still be the japenese built model too. I believe from 2004 they were produced in South Africa...

Here are the mentioned wheels on Webbers Seca, this was also at the show the wheels look good in the flesh. don't know about availability for them now as they are from 2007..

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/16061-webers-twin-cam-seca/

OH! We're thinking of different cars! For some reason, when he said "long back" and "FWD" I automatically assumed the long back of the 4wd corolla! The Charcoal coloured car! hahah.

I was thinking these wheels! Anyone clue me? Are they just BBS or BBS copies? Obviously without a centre cap and "tuner" lugs.

The ones on that white twin cam are a bit too "open" for my liking, if that makes sense? I don't want everyone knowing I'm running a $5000 brake upgrade! (I kid, i kid)

562125_10151870214060083_2023337899_n.jpg

Again - not my image. Credit to whoever took this, thanks for "letting" me steal this Mick, nice car :P

As for Japanese vs. South African, most 2002/03 were Japanese built. I'll have to double check this one. I certainly hope it isn't South African. They were known to be pretty averagely built.

Edited by Jrad