Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

84 Ke70 - Converted

Featured Replies

Hey guys, I'm new here but I thought I'd share with you in detail the build I have been doing over the last month and a bit.

 

My names Jarrad, I'm 19 and in Melbourne.

I got to uni, studying industrial design and I managed to cram this into my holidays just over.

 

Here she is as I got her. A very tidy example with a few needed rust repairs in the usual places.

It's done a few km's and needed a new diff. Apart from that - spick and span.

Owned by a car-detailer that sold it because he got a AE86. Prior to him it was owned by a Toyota mechanic.

 

270889_2075857490302_1060892044_2351027_2600953_n.jpg

268402_2075859650356_1060892044_2351035_7884912_n.jpg

269764_2075859730358_1060892044_2351036_884558_n.jpg

 

 

First step for me was to start hacking up the rust.

I stripped it completely and made up some panels to weld into place.

Once I'd done that, I fibre-glass filled the gaps, followed with plenty of sanding and bogging.

 

It got to this stage after that:

 

260261_2039337377322_1060892044_2343283_4268808_n.jpg

 

Similar repairs followed in the wheel arches:

270816_2086406714026_1060892044_2365132_248342_n.jpg

 

 

Somewhere between all of this the car also got it's springs cut, a roadworthy, and the stock rims painted black.

 

Once the repairs were done, undercoat, rubbing and painting followed.

264660_2098546577515_1060892044_2385749_268618_n.jpg

 

Some of you with a keen eye might recognise different guards in the paint oven - yep.

I've always liked quadlamps and decided to undertake making them fit.

 

Now to do it properly, a quad conversion is a big job on a slanty.

It begins with sourcing panels from a flat front, I picked them up from Pick-A-Part luckily.

the lights themselves are off an RT104 Corona, which the bases were modified and welded to fit and mount on the rad-support of the corolla.

 

You might also see that the door-frames have been painted black. That was my dad's idea so I thought "why not?" give it a go, see what it looks like.

I don't mind it actually.

 

Front comes off...

283145_2112966257998_1060892044_2405232_434320_n.jpg

 

Front goes on...

270762_2112969018067_1060892044_2405233_7105951_n.jpg

 

After fitting the lamps (if you have more detailed questions, ask me :)

283894_2118391633629_1060892044_2408712_2848056_n.jpg

 

 

And here's a before and after image

284161_2123328917058_1060892044_2414974_1463543_n.jpg

 

 

Happy to share my build with you.

Please, if there are questions I'm happy to get involved and answer them! Especially with the specifics of making quads fit because I know I found it hard to find straight-forward information on it. Especially using non-jdm parts on a budget.

Edited by Jrad

  • Replies 109
  • Views 134.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tidy ride. The front end looks the shizzle. Needs some dish, now!

  • Author

Haha thanks guys. Yeaaaah.. I keep regularly searching "114.3" on eBay to see if something pops up at some stage.

I was thinking 15" wantanabes or similar era-specific wheels.

 

And totally agree about the colour. As soon as I got it I was swearing that I would definitely be re-spraying it in a dark blue/maroon/emerald. But it's a big job to re-spray a car properly, and personally I would've liked it to be a good respray. I was just easier to rub the original colour and spray over it with a brighter yellow.

Pretty cool ride there Jarrad,

 

the one with the lights on reminds me of a stanza sort of, haha

 

Keep up the good work, oooh Industrial Design, nice

nice work.

 

what area are you from?

 

also noticed the club plates.. what club are you with?

  • Author

Pretty cool ride there Jarrad,

 

the one with the lights on reminds me of a stanza sort of, haha

 

Keep up the good work, oooh Industrial Design, nice

 

 

haha yes, my Dad is always saying it looks like a Datsun too - the 1600 more specifically.

And industrial design is pretty full on in the amount of work, but I enjoy it :)

 

 

 

nice work.

 

what area are you from?

 

also noticed the club plates.. what club are you with?

 

I'm in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

And the club plates... Funnily enough dad's in the Pontiac car club which allow secondary cars to be registered under their club provided you own a Pontiac before that.

We've got a '77 Trans Am and a '63 Laurentian (Catalina). We also used to have a '69 Firebird :)

  • Author

Actually, I noticed you're Croydon. I live in Lilydale but Dad's shop is in Croydon. Close by, haha.

This isn't by chance that KE70 that was on ebay for $1000 out in the middle of nowhere West was it? I was tempted to buy it if it was... Looks good by the way.

 

Cheer, Jake.

This is cool, I like it. The RT104 quads look really good, though KE70 quads look just that little bit better and I can't figure out why. I think these sit in a bit further than the KE70 quads. But still, with these you get that same look and save $500! Cool car man.

 

For some reason I really like the look of KE70s with no front bumper, does anybody else get that?

Edited by rianwest

Hey Jarrad, real nice job with your ke. i reckon some chrome bumpers would really set off those quad headlights. :)

What a sweet end result dude, looks awesome.

 

Quads are where its at!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.