Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

84 Ke70 - Converted

Featured Replies

That wagon looks awesome!! Sorry about the confusion with the seca, Leigh does have a front brake upgrade and they still look small.

 

Your 70 looks great. Period correct wheels, quads and low enough to still be very practical!!

Oh yeah I did see that one you were referring too. And I was stressing about cutting 2 holes in my rad support for the cooler plumbing in my ke11!!

  • Replies 109
  • Views 134.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Hahaha, I can't believe the amount of stuff missing on that!

But thanks for the kind words - nice to hear your work being appreciated!

  • Author

Paid for the ZZE corolla and it was dropped off today!

Very happy with such a great deal.

Got a few bonuses too - the guy threw in some Sportivo mag wheels and a hatch spoiler. So it'll be slightly different from day dot!

 

I'm going to put fog lights in it, and yellow-tint them JDM style haha.

Now just chasing a set of coilovers for it - I'm going 100% legit for a daily driver.

The keto doesn't matter so much as I don't do a ton of driving in it.

King springs will only drop it 50mm, and these things have like a 150mm wheel gap

  • Author

After much deliberation as to what to do in terms of suspension for the ZZE (..maybe i should change this to a parallel build thread?) I purchased a set of coil-overs.

 

There were Tein super Wagon ones on ebay US for about $800 landed, but were second hand and may require re-building, etc. etc.

I was hesitant on other brands or cheap knock-offs, but did further investigation into BC coilovers as there are a LOT of people running them.

A lot of people had average reviews, but for every bad one there was 100 good ones.

They come with a 12 month warranty and are fully re-buildable.

It's not like I'm going to track this car - it's just because by the time I put king springs in it and different shocks (a daily, i want to do it properly!) it was only a few hundred more for an adjustable set-up.

 

Just Jap are the Aussie retailers for them, so I called them up today and they were super helpful with my questions.

 

Payed for them about half an hour ago - all sweet!

 

Now I'll sell my commodore and its wheels+tyres will pay for wheels and tyres on the ZZE.

 

As for repairs. I've stripped the whole car, repaired the bumpers already, fixed a few dash bits. It's going along swimmingly.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Got coils.

AND AND ANNNNND!

 

My dream wheels to ever exist.

 

561040_3913070899489_258621511_n.jpg

Wow they look good as :) Where did ya get them gems???

 

 

See ya

 

Jimi

  • Author

Scored them off the JDMST forums. Came down from NSW.

Paid half price compared to getting them brand new from Work in Japan, and they're in as new condition.

I'm excited! haha.

Wow thats good as :) can't wait to see them on the car out and about ;)

 

 

See ya

 

Jimi

  • Author

403799_3955491399975_682906325_n.jpg

 

Test mounting - couldn't wait! hahaa.

New panel was welded on this weekend, btw. As you can see, there's the damage above this wheel.

  • 1 month later...

Throw the 2ZZ in the Keto!! Haha

  • Author

Hahaha! definitely should! They actually go pretty hard for a little engine.

 

May as well update. Found this cool image of mine from Toyota winterfest:

 

399622_4101556131502_532371453_n.jpg

 

Very nice!

 

The ZZE is finished, just waiting on a VIV for it. Sorry about the bad photo.

 

424352_4116716470501_987359331_n.jpg

Definitely needs the 2ZZ dropped into it :D

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Update time!

 

ZZE is on the road now - all finished and going well.

 

Onto the main car. Picked up some wheels the other day.

Another favourite SSR Longchamps. Genuine Speed stars in 14x7 (I think) in +8 offset including some average tyres. 175/65 and 165/70 I think they are. Bit of stretch but not much. Odd sizes.. who does that?

 

Fitted them up... and one side fouled the coil-over. Turns out it seems I have either a bent stub axle or the coil-over is a bit off (they did look average when I bought them - home made job)

My other wheels are 0 offset so I never had that problem. So running a small spacer on the passenger side.

 

Anyway. A picture is worth a thousand words. Still a great looking wheel, but I'm not sure. Willing to sell the whole set if a good offer arises. I'll probably put them on eBay in a few weeks once uni is finished.

 

380118_4240105475149_302609890_n.jpg

 

282221_4240108195217_278378890_n.jpg

 

Thoughts on these? Don't know if I want to keep them. they don't sit as nice as my others.

Trades for some old school 14x7.5 or 8, 0 offset rims anyone? hehe.

I liked your old wheels.. They still look alright though!

  • Author

Yeah, still can't decide. Longchamps are so nice, but these ones... maybe not for me.

If I can get longchamps in my dream offset/sizes I WILL MAKE THEM FIT.

 

Been driving it around, tyre keeps scrubbing mid-way (because they're stretched) on the rear wheel arch when I hit a bump as I'm too low for standard arches, lol.

The rears are bald anyway so not fussed.

 

Wheels are for sale (not officially, but for Rollaclub members that see this) so PM me offers if you're keen. Otherwise they'll go on Ebay in a couple weeks I guess.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.