Ke20 Rear 1/4 Seal

WET.K30

hey guys looking for rear quater window seals for a 73 ke20 no one seems to have them i have seen the cheep nasty stuff on ebay but id rather spend abit more and get good quality.

anyone know where i can get them in sydney??

thanks

Members dont see this ad

I used Phil's complete seal kit for $500 on my ke20. I called him direct and purchased them outside of ebay. It took about 5 days to recieve the complete kit. I got door seals, rear quarters windows, front and rear windscreens, bailey channel, interior and exterior weather strips and pedal rubbers. I was not dis-satisfied but the overall price was a little staggering The doors seals could be a little more bolstered to create a better seal and the windscreen seals split at the joins when I installed the windscreens myself. I patched them up with sicaflex. Not perfect, but what else can you do 40 years on...>? Make your own out of black silicon? :yak:

post-8643-0-31876200-1311749589_thumb.jpgpost-8643-0-17938400-1311749698_thumb.jpgpost-8643-0-16187300-1311749713_thumb.jpg

Edited by GJM85

IV bought stuff from him before, and it was rubbish!! and My mate bought some stuff from him for his Merc (seals) and it took him 4 months to send them to him!!

Hopefully you get something decent mate

is that rear winscreen seal off him?

haha coz that thing is ridiculous it makes me sick to drive around with that shit.

i like evrything about my carr to be minty fresh!

Yes, I bought 3 seals from Joel. Brand new, genuine seals. Very reliable guy, and bargain prices especially at current exchange rates. There is simply no comparison between the genuine seal and the aftermarket rubbish I got from a Thai seller. However that is for a boot seal. Honestly the repro boot seals are totally unusable.

The only other genuine seals I have ever seen for early Corolla's (i.e KE2x and earlier) have been the KE25/TE27 rear quarter seals, freely available on US ebay, and the ones Joel is selling via the link you posted. I have KE25 door seals in genuine and Thai but haven't compared them. I chanced upon the genuine door seals after I bought the Thai ones. Occasionally something genuine comes up on Yahoo Japan, but even there the Thai seals predominate at ridiculous markups when compared to ebay pricing.

Essentially there are no other options other than what has been discussed on Rollaclub in numerous similiar threads. Thus you can try and find a half decent original quarter window rubber for a KE20, and that is going to be 40 years old. Or you could look around pickapart for a more modern seal off something else with a hinged window that can be adapted, or take a chance on the repro stuff.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I contacted Joel just before, so will see what he still has available (by the looks of it, most things).

I really don't want to bother with Thai items as most feedback seems to be negative. There are a few ebay US auctions with the TE27 1/4 window seals which state they are made in Japan. They even look like better options to the Thai manufactured items.

Anyway, thanks again. I am sure that will help a lot of people out.

Cheers

Mick

Edited by Mic

Mick, the TE27 rear quarter vent seals from Cabe Toyota on US ebay are genuine and well priced, I have some of those.

I think they are about $99 a pair at the moment, and post was fine. Cabe Toyota is a Toyota dealership in the US, and they seem genuinely interested in old school parts.

I would love some front and rear screen seals but don't believe they are available.

None of this helps WET.K30 however, as the seals differ from KE20 items.

I got a rear window seal off philsrotary (is this Joel?) for my ke70 and he was easy to deal with, cheap and they arrived quite quickly. However the mould itself needed some loving (diamond blade to cut off some of the stickingout bits) but overall i fit it myself and it works fine and looks sweet.