Toyota Corolla Ke70

Tomas_90

Righto, joining the KE70 club as of tonight :D Just bough myself a bone stock KE70 Sedan that's in very good condition but a few things that need to be attended too. Is meant to be a project car and I'm also gonna drive it during wintertime this year when its snowy and slippery, so the 4K-C should keep up :P

Might end up putting a 4A-GE into it cause that would be a lot of fun but I'm not sure i can handle all the technical stuff that comes with that yet.

Bild002.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having a 1st lookaround of the car today as i bought it late last night and it was a bit dark :D

Tried to fix the driver door alignment but it didn't really go all the way. Got slightly better but i think i have to remove some more stuff to get to a few more screws. Also been polishing up the + and - battery connectors now since they were quite corroded. All better now tho :)

Got some more pictures for ya!

There had only been 2 owners on the car since it was new and that was an old man and his wife and they've apparently had the car in a warm garage pretty much it's entire life. Tho it has 'rolled quite a distance. Indicated 248.000 km atm.

Bild004-2.jpg

Bild005-1.jpg

Bild003.jpg

Bild006-1.jpg

And yes it's just dirt on it so it should look better when cleaned. The engine was ticking a bit tho so ill have a look at that someday to adjust the valves unless its worn down so bad it wouldn't make a difference. And the clutch was also at max tension already and it gripped quite high up on the pedal but it didn't slip any from what i could gather, but it'll probably need changing sooner or later.

If i could just find a garage to keep it in so i could work on it properly i would be a happy man. A mate of mine has the same problem so we were thinking if we found a place to keep 2 or more cars in we would rent it.He's into old Opel's tho (Vauxhall/Holden, whatever you call them :D )

Edited by Tomas_90

Concerning cutting the front springs... Yes i know it's a very bad thing to do and blaha blaha... But let's forget that now.

Does anyone know approx how much cutting 1 coil(1 ring) would lower?

I'm not out to make it scrape the ground, i just want to make it "lower".

I know i can't cut too much either cause the dampers are so damn soft that when you hit the brakes the front end of the car dips down like 20 cm :D