August 1, 201115 yr comment_543728 Hey guys Well its been a few years since i have had the privilage of posting on this site as i am now back in the car i should be, A Rolla :dance: I bough this little beast from a guy on this site (Thanks Rob)from melbourne unregoed and got a permit for it and drove it back yesterday. Did it one go 10hrs from Mt Eliza VIC to Berowra NSW and didnt miss a beat :y: No overheating or anything aside from a small start and idle issue which i am getting sorted tomorrow. Funny thing i drove just under 1000km yesterday,with no plates, drove past six or seven cops and didnt get pulled over once haha. Anyway here some photos after i gave her a clean up today Edited March 20, 201214 yr by KE ping it real Report
August 1, 201115 yr Author comment_543734 So it has a recently recod 4k 5 speed clarion stereo with subs(stereo not hooked up yet) 16" wheels and has been backyard resprayed I drives bloody beautifully even ah high speeds, i was crusing comfortably at 110km for hours , it loved it Plans are pretty straight forward firstly, rego then I'm going to redo the interior, new front seats, recover rear seats, new door trims etc and attempt to get hold of some better interior plastics and the dash Then i'll fiwx up the exterior, rust removal, couple of small dings then respray the same colour (pro job) Then i plan to go old school with the engine basically keep the 4k electronic ignition, raise compression, headwork, cam, exhaust, and carbie(s) Report
August 1, 201115 yr comment_543737 Looks good mate. I'm From Sydney to, keep your eyes open from upcoming cruises hope to see u there. Have fun with it Report
August 1, 201115 yr comment_543744 Welcome back to the dark side, looks like a great purchase dude the paint looks in pretty good condition from the pictures. What are your plans with the dash? convert it to later model 30 one or fix up the existing one? cheers, Crowie. Report
August 1, 201115 yr Author comment_543747 I'm thinking, fix the existing dash. as much as i hate the thought of pulling it out (been ther done that before :bash: ) i know its going to be the only way to do it right Report
August 1, 201115 yr comment_543751 Nice pic up mate, too lucky about the drive past the fuzz also So interesting to see a back seat in a Two Door and how much space there is inside and see right though it, haha I remember when mine use to look like that Report
August 1, 201115 yr comment_543753 beautiful!!! can't wait to see her around! my partner lives in Berowra and I'm in Asquith, so I'm sure ill see it sometime, hopefully soon! unfortunately my KE wont be around the area anymore, as she got cleaned up near Hornsby Westfield on Sat by an idiot.. If you havent found anyone to trim the dash yet, try Mick Cooper down Brennan Close in Hornsby. He has done some of our customer cars and he does an excellent job. James. Report
August 1, 201115 yr Author comment_543757 beautiful!!! can't wait to see her around! my partner lives in Berowra and I'm in Asquith, so I'm sure ill see it sometime, hopefully soon! unfortunately my KE wont be around the area anymore, as she got cleaned up near Hornsby Westfield on Sat by an idiot.. If you havent found anyone to trim the dash yet, try Mick Cooper down Brennan Close in Hornsby. He has done some of our customer cars and he does an excellent job. James. Buggar, sorry to hear about your car :bash: Thanks for the advice on the dash, I'll definitly be in touch with him when i get to that stage I can't wait to get it regoed so i can enjoy it :yes: And NISROLA, yeah i thought it was pretty funny not getting pulled over. I did have a permit so i was ligit but they couldn't have known that unless they stopped me Report
August 1, 201115 yr Author comment_543759 And oh yes, i am soooo loving the 2 door goodness, very happy & lucky i was able to get my hands on one Report
August 1, 201115 yr comment_543771 They are just tiny cars the KE30 two doors, Sometimes i wish mine did not have a cage in it, kind of ruins the styling Report
August 1, 201115 yr comment_543773 hey mate sounds like you pick up a prity nice car there. I'm also in berowra got a ke55 coupe if you need a hand or some parts just drop me a pm cheers sam Report
August 1, 201115 yr comment_543782 Hey dude nice score, it looks to be in pretty reasonable condition from the pics. Ive always liked these in two door format. Report
August 1, 201115 yr Author comment_543784 hey mate sounds like you pick up a prity nice car there. I'm also in berowra got a ke55 coupe if you need a hand or some parts just drop me a pm cheers sam Sounds good Sam, looks like ive got a cruising buddy then HaHa Report
August 1, 201115 yr Author comment_543786 Hey dude nice score, it looks to be in pretty reasonable condition from the pics. Ive always liked these in two door format. Cheers Bud, overall, I'm pretty damn happy with it she is a bit rough round the edges but i'll fix that up, i'm gonna be keeping this one for a looooooong while Report
August 1, 201115 yr comment_543793 hey mate welcome back!!! looks like a very neat pick up... sad to hear no 20v tho lol... at least go 5k if u wanna keep it oldskool. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now