1974 Ke30 2Door Street Racer

KE ping it real

hey mate welcome back!!! looks like a very neat pick up... sad to hear no 20v tho lol...

at least go 5k if u wanna keep it oldskool.

Hey thanks mate no 20v for this one, i have a theme in mind so 'Old Skool Cruiser' it will be Nothing that requires engineering

Just cool mods that make it more awesomated :laff:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pick up Andrew. Soo bloody jealous...I have to make mine half as good condition.

Any conversion plans?

Hey Adam, Thanks mate

I saw your doing a re-shell into a 2 door as well, thats awesome mate i can't wait to see when its done

No conversion plans for this one, going to go for a hot 4k down the track after i finish interior and exterior, will keep as a stocko till then with the exception of extractors and exhaust, that will be one sooner

Ok so i had today off work cause i'm sick with the flu, however i couldn't sit still knowing my rolla could be being worked on so i sucked it up and got to doing some more cleaning work mainly the outside

Firstly i set up some temporary accomodation until i clear space in the garage

Then i looked at the paint and relising that it was i pretty reasonable condition i decided to give her a polish

Then decided that no polish is complete without a wax job so out came the wax to make her real shiny shiny :wink:

After that i was stillfeeling like shit but thought oh well i'm already out here so i went up the road and picked up some of my favourite cleaning ingredients AutoSol FTW and got to work on the bumpers

They came up pretty good so i moved onto the wheels.

Much bigger job than i anticipated so i gave them a quick once over, theycame up pretty reasonable but will pull them off the car down the track and get right into them

I used a toothbrush to get to those hard to reach places LOL but i reckon it would have been much easier if i had a 'flip top head' :laff:

Anyway, let me know what you think

post-5456-0-21990800-1312341816_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-13998500-1312341829_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-01458400-1312341846_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-49243200-1312341884_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-07264800-1312341896_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-75829500-1312341912_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-46880200-1312341926_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-87760800-1312341938_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-56801300-1312341955_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-90424400-1312341967_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-13898300-1312341978_thumb.jpg

Also i got the starting issue sorted, starts first time every time now, needed a good clean out so the carby came off, cleaned everything out and is much better. Also the choke was mounted backward so that has been rectified too, Just need to get a new choke cable which should happen tomorrow

i still need to sort out the idling issue though, think there must be a small blockage in one of the jets still so carby will be coming back off tomorrow for another once over

I also need to get a new hose clamp for the top radiator hose as it seems to spray the engine bay with small droplets of coolant when it gets up to temp.

The other thing seems to be the spark plug surround on the 1st cylinder never seems to have been sealed properly so i am losing a little oil. The other three are ok so i'll just have to seal the 1st one

The carby and these other issues should be dealt with tomorrow as well :cool:

Ok so carby now sorted, she starts runs and idles beautifully .

Got a new choke cable as well which I will fit on the weekend

I need to get a new top radiator hose though adjusting the clamp did nothing so will get onto that soon too

The surround around the no1 spark plug has now been sealed so no more leaky leaky

My mechanic mate checked the clearances for me as well and the timing so she is now pretty much sweet

Going for blue slip tomorrow so fingers crossed she needs not much work if any at all

Ok so blue slip didn't go exactly to plan today looks like I have a few things to do

Secure battery better - all I have to do is tighten one nut

Drivers seat belt not retracting - it does now

Key comes out of ignition while on - get new key cut, piece of piss

Put factory air filter back on- 2 minute job I have the parts

Small amount of rust in drivers side sub frame 20c piece - cut and weld plate

And small amount of rust in passenger side guard - small weld repair

So overall not to bad

On a better note though ,I made an enquiry yesterday at the exhaust shop opposite my work to hunt down some new extractors for me

Sure enough outside having a smoke and courier walks up to me hands me a big bag and says this is for you

Exhaust bloke rang an old contact had a brand new set of k extractors still all wrapped in plastic from a job he never did 5 years ago

So happy days and woohoo brand new extractors= 1 carton of beer

Nice pickup with the extractors.

2 door it's self look good after a clean, whats the interior like?

At this stage interior is average at best but that will change soon

Got a whole bunch of gear to start detailing engine bay will be taking off a lot of little parts and respraying them to make it look better, i also have a few things to start working on the interior, a nice sheet of stainless steel so make a surround for the gear boot

Plenty of progress to happen real soon so stay tuned :yes:

Ok so i got a little progress happening today

I'm waiting for money to get it registered which will be in about 2 weeks so i thought i would do a few things in the meantime

First i installed my standard accessory , the sports steering wheel much better than the standard one and i changed the black countersunk screws you get with the boss kit for some nice stainless ones from my work, this will help with the interior theme that will be black, blue & stainless accents

Anyway the next thing was to start taking off some of the cover plates in the engine bay and some brackets to take back to bare metal then respray black, this theme will carry through the whole car

I then also started replacing a lot of the old rusty self tappers and replacing them with new stainless ones from work (loving my job for this reason endles fasteners all stainless)

So basically bit by bit i'll go through the whole engine bay and spray black accents and replace everything with stainless fasteneres

Anyway here are some pics, please let me know your thoughts

post-5456-0-09034300-1313310324_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-02616700-1313310362_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-96258600-1313310400_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-79331600-1313310440_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-13646200-1313310482_thumb.jpg