KE ping it real

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple yet effective, look's good :y:

What are your next plan's for your interior

also are you gonna keep the black strip down the bonnet?

Thanks mate, i'm going to go through the whole engine bay the same way so it should look pretty trick when its all done Everywhere i look though there is a lot of brackets to spray and screws to replace Ha Ha

When the car gets sprayed down the track, the black strip will go but i may add another one or two somewhere else

Ok so interior plan will be as follows

Carpet will be replaced with new black carpet, Front seats will be replaced with some new sports recaro style ones and rear seat will be retrimmed to match. Also planning to have 'KE 30' Stitched into the backrest of the rear seat in blue to match the outside colour.

I'm going to make new door cards that will also be retrimmed in black and re attached using exposed stainless square drive button head self tappers( should look good with the black trim behind them)

I'm going to make some new stainless interior door handles, and winders and latches will be replaced with new

Dash will also be re skinned black

Interior plastics will also be changed to black

And new parcel shelf made and black carpeted

Then i have some stainless sheet to make a new surround around the gearshift, a new black gear boot then a stainless knob

Another piece of the same stainless sheet will be carefully holesawed and fit around the original gauges and a small autometer tacho added to the drivers A pillar

Any and all other fasteners in the cabin will be replaced with stainless

So far thats whats planned for the interior :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so i finally got registration today WOOOHOOO :dance: :dance: :dance:

Happy as a pig in shit, now i will definitley make Toyofest in October

Ive got Monday, Tuesday off as well so will be fitting extractors and exhaust then as well as doing something about lowering tho front end (sitting way to high Haha)

Also found a small water leak at the back of the thermostat housing so i will get that fixed as well

Will post pics as the progress happens

Alright

Well i got some good progress happening today, had the day off work so i arranged with the exhaust bloke who got me the extractors to come into his shop today and fit extractors and new 2" exhaust.

It was an awesome experience doing my own exhaust, he basically got me doing everything except the welding I took manifolds off, cleane up the faces cut and bent the piping, I loved it!

It was actually quite interesting too, he was showing me different ways of doing everything and explained the maths of some of it. I know its a pretty simple thing mechanical wise but i was happy to get into it and do the work myself and learn

Anyway here are some pics

post-5456-0-99189700-1314604366_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-25080400-1314604408_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-93936000-1314604440_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-51781100-1314604479_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-33955300-1314604497_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-09593800-1314604523_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok

So i have a bit of progress happening now ive sold my daily so I'm getting to work mainly on the interior and I'm sooooo glad, the seats that are in it now are so bloody uncomfortable.

Now its got a 32/36 DGV weber on it she goes much better, also put on some Spitfire plugs and leads. Its definitly lacking the cam and some more flow through the head but ill deal with that a little further down the track but it still makes a big difference with just those mods

Also got the windows tinted today and had the alarm put in (I can sleep at night now HAHA) ind it looks awesome so happy with it

I especially like the rear passenger windows with the 3 chrome studs looks great i reckon

I also have on the way from the states, a full compliment of Autometer Sport-Comp gauges on there way to me :yes:

I ordered , Speedo, Tacho, Fuel, Oil Pressure, Water Temp and volt meter. I can't wait till they get here ive always wanted a full cluster of them. Will post pics when they arrive

The dash will be getting re skinned very soon and I'm going to buy my seats soon as well

Anyway, here is a few photos so far

post-5456-0-01534000-1317110016_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-11190700-1317109985_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys, i'm really excited about this build, i have a very specific idea about where i am going with it and i won't be sacrificing quality on any part

Stay tuned for more updates very soon, progress should be quite quick for the next month or two

• 2 weeks later...

So i finally got my gauges from the U.S and I'm stoked, just need to get my dash re skinned and they are as good as in haha

Going to see the sheet metal guys tomorrow morning about making my stainless dash facia and also going to pick up my brand new seats

I took some photos of the gauges as well as a few of the car on the day of toyotafest Enjoy

post-5456-0-14976300-1317980733_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-06867500-1317980773_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-11019300-1317980812_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-27747100-1317980843_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-55664100-1317980880_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-20976500-1317980914_thumb.jpg