Carpet

Tim54321

Members dont see this ad

I disagree with the previous comments: underlay isn't so much about dampening noise, its there to add a pliable layer so the carpet doesn't thrash out. Without underlay you'll wear the carpet out in places much quicker as it works against the floorpan etc.

I fitted molded carpet with underlay and it was not difficult

mmm, probably wouldnt bother, the carpet will kill a good bit of the noise, and the underlay can make issues with the pedals etc...

had that issue when i was replacing the carpet for my vh commodore.. redid with epic expensive underlay sound deaden-er shit And it f@$ked me up hardcore.. had to cut patches out in the footwell near the clutch pedal because couldn't put my clutch on all the way enough for it to do the job properly..

though in the end it depends if you want to or not. Underlay would give more comfort n shit but isnt necessary as well your not going to be standing up in your car for 8 hours a day. And unless your making a pro showroom car. Probably wouldn't need it.. road noise you will get. but the carpet takes care of most of that :)

carpet straight onto the body would be horrible...

not only from a wear and tear point of view, but it woudlnt be as soft under you feet, and you will be able to see more of the ridges. and the carpet will move around.

for the extra 20bucks and bit of effort i would get it, your getting brand new carpet, you might as well do the job properly. and just don't put it up around your pedals, problem solved.

the underlay will also act as an insulation, your exhaust will heat up the passenger side footwell, no one likes their feet cooked.

Find a new estate where lots of houses are being built. Free under lay . I only laid it in the foot wells and a double layer in drivers one. If you go without just make sure you have mats.

EDIT: I got it out if skips I didn't steal rolls of it :P

Edited by blzbub666