Rally/Dirt,Bush Runs

t18drifts

hay guys me and commonwhore slayer when halves in a unregistered corona wagon :) its so sweet

for the sole purpose of drivin it around the bush tracks and limstone tracks in the pine forrest near us at first it was just gonna be a basher to be drivin within inches of its life but we started striping her out making here lighter and we desided that it more fun driving her with spirit and learning how to control a car so fare we have been out there in the pouring rain with no windows with dirt bike helmets on feeling like rally drivers we are also considering entering rallys (we have no idea of HOW WHEN WERE AND WHO OR WHAT is involved in entering in these events.

ok so what we need is tips advice on how we can improve our wagon without laying down cash if possible

would welding the diff be of any help also the aircon pump isnt conected via belt on the motor and niether is the power steering pump (seized) would removing things like this be worth removing

also we keep ripping tires of the beads and had to drive home on a flat after blowing out all the spares we took last night

cheers matt

Edited by t18drifts

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyre pressure low?? We used to rip holes in the sidwalls going sideways, but not pull the bead off.

Locked diff is a good question... in theory it give more understeer when you turn in then kicks the back out faster. Try it and let us know!

Play with sway bars too- dirt needs roll compared to tarmac.

Shield the brake lines against being ripped off. We used to run the rears inside the car, which also gave us the hydralic handbrake and the brake bias adjuster. (Mini one that was drilled and tapped for a T-piece bolt we could wind in and out)

Stick some sort of sump guard under it to protect the sump & make it cover the front edge of the bell housing.

Rallying is over-regulated and horrendously expensive and time-consuming... stick to bush-bashing for fun!!

Good to see you're out having fun on private property. :)

My $0.02?

Not sure on the how or where, but probably not in the wagon atm. :wink:

Without laying out cash? :hmm: Make sure you have spares so if something breaks you don't have to buy a new part?

No idea on the diff welding, I'm a FWD weirdo. :P If the P/S pump doesnt work then it is kinda pointless having it there, could remove it but plug up any holes left from fluid line connections to the rack I guess.

Is the A/C system gassed up? If so, releasing refrigerant gas is a bad idea! :yes: If it's not, yank itout & continue on the weight saving theme.

Edited by carbonboy

ahhh no i have no idea i went around one arvo and half the air con was removed lol

the only time we do major damage is when we lose it on corners doing about 75 plus it was pissing down one arvo and i was hammering down this straIght with dan going threw all these puddles and putholes i truely felt like a pro rally driver then the road started going down hill into a flat wide open area with lots of grass and there was a turn off and it was all red clay i was like hell yeah was holding here sideways then spun out disppered into a ditch poped of the overside and hered this pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noise i was like no thats the raditor was fairley relived when it turned out to only be the tire ripped of the bead

but yeah we are gonna turn it into a fast back with full rollcage and will add a cage in side the front fenders ect but yeah we never do damage untill we go flying down inbankments sideways

Locking the diff: Yep, do it, just trust me.

Spare tires: Have plenty.

Helmets: Check. Good.

Rip out anything that doesn't make it run, check over the driver and passenger areas for anything you may slice/snag flesh on, that puts a damper on anyone's day.

Leave the damned doors on, might seem like a good idea to yank them off, it isn't.

Have bulk fun.

That's about it from me, happy bashing :happy:

That was good aiming- he hit that tree smack in the middle of the bonnet!

No windows is a problem when you roll because the guy on the bottom always puts his hand up and you don't want it to go outside and get rolled on. Mate gripped the top of the door as they went over and got his fingers ground away on the tarmac one time. Even Lexan windows riveted on is good.

we had the same problem with our ksev regarding tyres. there was two main reasons it was happening to us. firstly hitting potholes sideways at speed seemed to just pop them off and the other was purely bad driving on a mates behalf not knowing how to turn a steering wheel. agree with toyyoda keep doors. even removing the boot was annoying cause once we pulled the back seat out the car promptly filled up with dirt which is a pain in the ass sometimes.

my biggest advise to you is as fun as it sounds and sure is try to keep jumping the car to a minimum. that was half the reason our ksev mk1 died. onto our second now and for some reason no matter what car we buy its never the same as our first one .

cheers Tom. I'll post pics of ours if I can find them.

No windows is a problem when you roll because the guy on the bottom always puts his hand up and you don't want it to go outside and get rolled on. Mate gripped the top of the door as they went over and got his fingers ground away on the tarmac one time. Even Lexan windows riveted on is good.

Quoted for truth.

Had a mate crush his hand between a ke20 roof and the ground doing just this. Keep the glass, and keep the windows up. If you want ventilation, put in a roof vent.

hmm might get some clear perspecs or somthing don't like the thought of face in glass

we may put a basic roll cage in for safety and we don't wont to jump it although unintentional sliding and spining out into large ditches and becoming air born well can't controll that

also when commonhore slayer lost it and went over a meter ledge we have accuired a large amount of steering play so doing anything fast straight is scary