August 28, 201115 yr comment_549613 silvertop is straight from the butterlfy so 43mm, however they are easily ported to 45mm. Blacktop has that weird eccentric shape so 47mm in one direction and 48 to 49mm in another, so I suggest the silvertop Report
August 28, 201115 yr Author comment_549617 Do you have a photo of the eccentric blacktop outlet? Sounds like st will work, might have them professionally bored. Report
August 28, 201115 yr comment_549630 I have a 2 sets of gtir ones here, they are 45mm. I guess how useful gtir ones are to you would depend on port spacings? I'm happy to get any measurement you require off them. Edited August 28, 201115 yr by oh what a nissan feeling! Report
August 28, 201115 yr comment_549635 I found some excellent info here: http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23914&start=80 half way down for blacktop pics Report
August 28, 201115 yr comment_549648 I have a 2 sets of gtir ones here, they are 45mm. I guess how useful gtir ones are to you would depend on port spacings? I'm happy to get any measurement you require off them. picture of the other side and spacing between throttles? would be great Report
August 28, 201115 yr Author comment_549662 Yes the spacing between would be great. The 2azfe ports are 10mm per port further apart than 4age 20v ports. Centre to centre. I'm curious about the spacing of them also, so Matt if you could give the measurements that would be great, also whether they are a tapered design or a straight tube throttle and the length of the body. If thats not too much trouble it would be great. Report
August 28, 201115 yr comment_549697 No worries, i have some measurement but will take pics tomorrow as my video camera only does daylight pics, still camera died. Thickness is approx 90mm port spacing approx 97.5 between them. The head side of the itbs is a perfect oval shape rather than round, but could be shaped to whatever you please i think. Oval measures 35 high and 54 wide. Ports do seem to taper a bit, though its hard to tell as it goes from round to in the last bit. Report
August 28, 201115 yr comment_549698 I recently bought a Haynes manual for the camry. Torque settings/original specs/clearances? Hit me up! Report
August 28, 201115 yr comment_549701 No worries, i have some measurement but will take pics tomorrow as my video camera only does daylight pics, still camera died. Thickness is approx 90mm port spacing approx 97.5 between them. The head side of the itbs is a perfect oval shape rather than round, but could be shaped to whatever you please i think. Oval measures 35 high and 54 wide. Ports do seem to taper a bit, though its hard to tell as it goes from round to in the last bit. way to go, thanks again for your input. Having oval ports isn't necessarily a bad thing, although having a head flange is a little awkward. For comparasin all A series engines have 87.5mm between bores, so 10mm less. I can't quite make it out in the picture, what links the two halves together? Report
August 28, 201115 yr comment_549712 found some interesting gear: - valve springs with titanium retainers: $285USD - Stroker crank (2.7L with overbore): Report
August 28, 201115 yr comment_549728 links are similar to a webber type setup i guess, with stainless hyme joint? linkages between the two pairs. They are not on in the pic, but i will take some pictures of that as well. Report
August 28, 201115 yr Author comment_549743 What I'm ultimately looking for is a 45mm circular hole as an outlet on the throttle, a port spacing of 97.5mm and a tapered design. I might just end up getting some jenvey ones, but they are expensive, Id like to use silvertop or blacktop if they had the right outlet in one series or another, boring them might be expensive. Report
August 28, 201115 yr Author comment_549745 Sam I just read more of the thread you linked, maybe rb throttles will work. They seem to be 45mm but I don't know the spacing. Report
August 28, 201115 yr Author comment_549748 That thread is great. Got the info. 90mm centre to centre, but that's not too bad I guess. I do prefer how you can break up the Toyota ones though. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now