The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Members dont see this ad

There's enough blown rbs around I suppose.

Still I would like to get the perfect design, as the rb ones are seemingly a straight tube design, and I kind of want a taper with an na motor I think. It still might be worth getting the jenvey ones, however the silvertop ones are so close to what I need. Decisions decisions.

Nobody gave me any motors as such, I bought my dummy motor on ebay as well as my new one. I'm merely a chauffer of motors. If I wanted a 2gr Id have one. If you read what I wrote, the whole point is a better performing engine with no weight penalty. At 180kg, the 2grfe is a heavy pig and is a bit more motor than I am looking for, about 65kg more. I like the idea but its not for me. Did I title this the 2gr RWD thread, what did you think you might accomplish suggesting I change? If I was to read between the lines I could be offended. :laff:

Ah ok so teddy didn't give anyone those 2az's he took, got it ;)

Not trying to change your mind Just saying maybe try to see what problems they may have had regarding starters or other rwd conversion parts.

Looks like it would be an awesome conversion and the price you said you got that new engine for, much cheaper than any 4age! even just something for a daily that has good drivability, fuel economy, and reliability in stock form.

I could see if I can photocopy/ get a repair manual from work for you to photocopy.

Any contributions of manuals and info for this engine would be welcome.

Yeah I kind of have the whole starter and bell housing thing solved now, I'm working on mounts. Should have it mounted next Sunday and be planning for a custom sump and oil pick up. Then inlet, water system plumbing, for which I will need manuals, and wiring.

when i was doing some measuring earlier I noticed it would be possible to bore out the silvertop throttles to 45mm, but no more, then you could also machine a taper from the butterly to the opening

too bad it's too hard to split bike throttles.

Hey how about BMW? E46 I think they are 45mm

when i was doing some measuring earlier I noticed it would be possible to bore out the silvertop throttles to 45mm, but no more, then you could also machine a taper from the butterly to the opening

too bad it's too hard to split bike throttles.

Hey how about BMW? E46 I think they are 45mm

You can split bike throttles, well some suzuki ones maybe. Not many others. I'm not a fan of attaching them by a hose and clamp, I want to build something more high quality solid and boostable one day. Something with a flange plate that seals solidly as cane be, and maybe o ring the throttles like the manifold to head junction.

I'm interested in the BMW ones aswell, but I'd assume they would be as rare as anything. Wondering what they cost if anyone's seen some for sale?

I'm not looking to bore a throttle any bigger than the butterfly. I'm not sure exactly what size butterfly each series of silver itb has.

You mad dog, what an epic engine conversion!

Hope it all works out :)

Cheers, Mee too. :laff:

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

I'm not sure exactly what size butterfly each series of silver itb has.

Cheers, Mee too. :laff:

all 43mm,

I see no problem with having a clamp on throttle that's what comes off your turbo afterall. Personally I wouldn't bother with individual throttles if your going to run boost, just make a nice single throttle manifold

I can totally see this being The Next Big Thing. It's like an SR20 but (dare I say it?) better. Be interesting to see how they tolerate revs, fair old stroke on them. Might not be an issue? There's guys taking SR22VETs (91mm stroke) to well over 9000rpm now.

Have they got a crank girdle? Full counter forged crank at least :) should be good for some serious power.

Once these get some RWD development under their belts I'm sure they'll become one hell of a potent engine.

Kinda sorta not really? Nothing a solid chunk of aluminium and a CNC couldn't fix.

Open deck might be more of a concern. Could get interesting up around the 500-600hp mark. SRs start ovaling standard cylinder liners around there. Offset crank might help though?