Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

Featured Replies

wow not bad, I would of thought there would be around with people "upgrading" to a single throttle and all but you never hear about them

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • altezzaclub
    altezzaclub

    In 16 years time... "The Girl's AE86"

  • oh what a nissan feeling!
    oh what a nissan feeling!

    This is really really cool, thanks for sharing!   So 2.4 capacity, as light as a 4ag. Cheap as to buy. :hmm:   What are the factory powers numbers for the model you are using?

  • actually the second strongest method of clamping a crank is level with the edge of the block like that, pending how much metal is on the other side, have a look at a deisel or an F20C, they have a spl

Posted Images

  • Author

There's enough blown rbs around I suppose.

 

Still I would like to get the perfect design, as the rb ones are seemingly a straight tube design, and I kind of want a taper with an na motor I think. It still might be worth getting the jenvey ones, however the silvertop ones are so close to what I need. Decisions decisions.

Nobody gave me any motors as such, I bought my dummy motor on ebay as well as my new one. I'm merely a chauffer of motors. If I wanted a 2gr Id have one. If you read what I wrote, the whole point is a better performing engine with no weight penalty. At 180kg, the 2grfe is a heavy pig and is a bit more motor than I am looking for, about 65kg more. I like the idea but its not for me. Did I title this the 2gr RWD thread, what did you think you might accomplish suggesting I change? If I was to read between the lines I could be offended. :laff:

 

Ah ok so teddy didn't give anyone those 2az's he took, got it ;)

Not trying to change your mind Just saying maybe try to see what problems they may have had regarding starters or other rwd conversion parts.

 

Looks like it would be an awesome conversion and the price you said you got that new engine for, much cheaper than any 4age! even just something for a daily that has good drivability, fuel economy, and reliability in stock form.

 

I could see if I can photocopy/ get a repair manual from work for you to photocopy.

  • Author

Any contributions of manuals and info for this engine would be welcome.

 

Yeah I kind of have the whole starter and bell housing thing solved now, I'm working on mounts. Should have it mounted next Sunday and be planning for a custom sump and oil pick up. Then inlet, water system plumbing, for which I will need manuals, and wiring.

ill check it out at work tomorrow.

when i was doing some measuring earlier I noticed it would be possible to bore out the silvertop throttles to 45mm, but no more, then you could also machine a taper from the butterly to the opening

 

too bad it's too hard to split bike throttles.

 

Hey how about BMW? E46 I think they are 45mm

You mad dog, what an epic engine conversion!

Hope it all works out :)

  • Author

when i was doing some measuring earlier I noticed it would be possible to bore out the silvertop throttles to 45mm, but no more, then you could also machine a taper from the butterly to the opening

 

too bad it's too hard to split bike throttles.

 

Hey how about BMW? E46 I think they are 45mm

 

You can split bike throttles, well some suzuki ones maybe. Not many others. I'm not a fan of attaching them by a hose and clamp, I want to build something more high quality solid and boostable one day. Something with a flange plate that seals solidly as cane be, and maybe o ring the throttles like the manifold to head junction.

 

I'm interested in the BMW ones aswell, but I'd assume they would be as rare as anything. Wondering what they cost if anyone's seen some for sale?

 

I'm not looking to bore a throttle any bigger than the butterfly. I'm not sure exactly what size butterfly each series of silver itb has.

 

You mad dog, what an epic engine conversion!

Hope it all works out :)

 

 

Cheers, Mee too. :laff:

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

I'm not sure exactly what size butterfly each series of silver itb has.

 

 

 

 

Cheers, Mee too. :laff:

 

all 43mm,

 

I see no problem with having a clamp on throttle that's what comes off your turbo afterall. Personally I wouldn't bother with individual throttles if your going to run boost, just make a nice single throttle manifold

  • Author

Yes agreed it wont matter next to the turbo, but I think NA is a bit different, you can get it to work perfect either way, but their is a level of equipment I want to use here, bike throttles are usually tubular at either end with no flanges that work and this is what I want to avoid.

I can totally see this being The Next Big Thing. It's like an SR20 but (dare I say it?) better. Be interesting to see how they tolerate revs, fair old stroke on them. Might not be an issue? There's guys taking SR22VETs (91mm stroke) to well over 9000rpm now.

 

Have they got a crank girdle? Full counter forged crank at least :) should be good for some serious power.

 

Once these get some RWD development under their belts I'm sure they'll become one hell of a potent engine.

Kinda sorta not really? Nothing a solid chunk of aluminium and a CNC couldn't fix.

 

Open deck might be more of a concern. Could get interesting up around the 500-600hp mark. SRs start ovaling standard cylinder liners around there. Offset crank might help though?

can anyone explain to me what the deal is with the offset crank?

 

time for someone to make one of those "block gaurds" that the honda boys love so much

I think the idea is that the conrod is pushing at less of an angle through the power stroke so that there's less side loadings on the (unsupported) cylinder walls.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.