The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

I drove it to golf and around seeing mates this morning.  I can tell by the steering feel if the wheel bearing beds and comes loose.  I got in it this morning, drove to the end of the driveway, decided it was loose based on the ease of turning, then back back around to the tools, nipped it up as yes the new one had bedded in and come a wee bit loose.  With the quaife rack its always firm against the hand at lower speeds, if it isn't, its a sure indicator that there is front wheel bearing play.  So yes has definitely been checked and re tightened.

Looking for somewhere to cruise to this afternoon...

Members dont see this ad

Searching for unicorns.  Just extrapolating the things I know about the inlet.

It made a couple more KW with 94mm trumpets than 74mm and torque was flatter and it closed some torque holes.

It made more power everywhere and significantly more midrange with 8mm spacers added to the 94mm and filters off.  Plus the power kept on another 700rpm and peaked higher.

Makes me think it would like a longer inlet still.  It made 6kw more without the socks on, and that's more than I expect from just socks.

Don't want to stop short of what could be a better result if I can achieve one.

Plus beams engines have seen incredible results from just itb inlet length tuning so I wonder what's there if I look.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit
cause