New Daily/Towhack: Ed Falcon Wagon

Ella

hey guys,

So i have yet another new car, yet another cheapie lol.

It needed to serve two purposes, one be a comfy to drive daily (automatically striking out all utes) and two be able to pull a car trailer, well so it really needed to be a six or a eight with a manual box.

top of my list ended up being this Wagon, Its a ED model and has been converted to manual by someone, has the heavy duty rear springs and towball that came with the towpack models.

heres some pics of it

firstly the trusty 4l falcon motor! complete with factory leaks and whining belts lol

post-1450-0-27761100-1315492963_thumb.jpg

next is a shot of the front, which has been changed to XR6 style headlights, which i quite like, 2x cars with quads now lol.

post-1450-0-91263100-1315493055_thumb.jpg

here is the set of territory wheels which i have a full set of including centre caps and the proper wheelnuts for it too

post-1450-0-72341000-1315527896_thumb.jpg

ill get some more pics when i get it back home this weekend. it needs a couple of new guards as they are dinted and and the exhaust finished off for roadworthy. it ends just before the diff at the moment

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Both these and the Commodores make surprisingly good towcars.

It is truly epic the amount of stuff you can get in these things. With the seat folded down, I could fit almost all my rally spares in, and still sleep in the back comfortably.

It's just a trade off of something not very exciting to drive around day to day, against having the ability to fit in everything for a weekend of fun and games plus a trailer.

You shouldn't be disappointed. :)

as above, mr dwarf sees the same thing i see in it! being manual and a six it moves enough to pull my heavy shi7 and thats about all it needs to do, it owes me all of about 300 bucks and whatever my roadworthy and rego costs. need to find a friendly roady guy who can look past the bloody exhaust so i can get it regoed to drive it to my preferred exhaust shop. everything else thats a roadworthy issue has been fixed. i really can't afford towing it to a exhaust shop , might just get it home and try make something up.

well speaking of rallying luke....when you bring the wags down here we can go investigate some nice roads to test the ksev on =)...........and i can show you how much the rex likes sandstone corners

sounds good eh

Edited by Ella

drive it home today, no issues really at all, except a light wobble under heavy braking so i think its going to need new rotors soon getting a roady tomorrow or the day after whenever the guy can come out so should be rolling about withing the next few days lol. it even runs cool and doesnt leak much oil lol. most happy with that.

some shots of it at home with the territories on it, looks a lot better.

post-1450-0-07692000-1315813416_thumb.jpg

post-1450-0-84537600-1315813448_thumb.jpg

post-1450-0-89572000-1315813672_thumb.jpg