Speeding Fines

ForzaAE92

Here goes... About 3 weeks ago I got flashed by a fixed red light/speed camera. I was going through a green light at the time, and I estimate that I was doing about 40kph over the limit.

As I haven

t recieved a fine or anything yet, its been suggested that the reason its taking so long to get to me is that the police will be writing up a summons to court, recieve a $1500 fine, and have my licence suspended for 6 months.

Can anybody shed some light on this? I'm struggling to find information about it anywhere, and I'm trying to be prepared in case the worst happens, so I can try to keep my job.

Any helpful input is appreciated :)

Cam.

Members dont see this ad

40kph over, hmmm. Accidently speeding is 5 to 10 over, maybe 15. But 40!. OK, OK, I wont lecture (as much as I want to!).

I've heard of summonds taking up to 8 weeks to arrive, depending on the backlog.

Tickets, generally 2 weeks sometimes 3.

Like Spencer said, you might be lucky. If so, don't buy a lotto ticket, you've used up all your luck.

Unless there is a back log in the adjudication process, should not take as long as it has,

I can't comment on WA tho, in QLD, the TIN would pulled out of the mailing stack, and passed onto a supervisor where they attach a letter with the ticket and is log into a spreadsheet (stats of course), and sent out seperately

40kph over, hmmm. Accidently speeding is 5 to 10 over, maybe 15. But 40!. OK, OK, I wont lecture (as much as I want to!).I've heard of summonds taking up to 8 weeks to arrive, depending on the backlog.Tickets, generally 2 weeks sometimes 3.Like Spencer said, you might be lucky. If so, don't buy a lotto ticket, you've used up all your luck.

Yeah, I know. it wasn't accidental, bad day, wrong mood, I shouldn't have been driving. Well I'm hoping like hell I wasn't doing 45kph over, and driving like a granny now.

id say you will deffs get it bro but cuz its perth its take forever to come thru

Hahaha, I thought as much, Yep, its perth... Everything takes ages :glare:

I've had it take 2-3 months for a pretty picture to get to me (I'm in WA)... Just when you start to think "hmm maybe I got away with it" BAM!!

Edit: Lets just hope your about 40km/h is less than 45. Friend at work got pinged by a camera, went back and asked the operator what speed... 48 over :(

He now has to move back in with his parents.

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

• 2 weeks later...

i got hit the other day by a multanova got it about a week later. a mate of mine got slugged well over 45 by a multanova at night time and they came for his car within a day or so.

i would say you're under 45 if you havent had your car taken. either way prepare to get f@$ked by the long dick of the law.

revenue raising bullshit!

• 10 months later...