Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Speeding Fines

Featured Replies

Here goes... About 3 weeks ago I got flashed by a fixed red light/speed camera. I was going through a green light at the time, and I estimate that I was doing about 40kph over the limit.

 

As I haven

t recieved a fine or anything yet, its been suggested that the reason its taking so long to get to me is that the police will be writing up a summons to court, recieve a $1500 fine, and have my licence suspended for 6 months.

 

Can anybody shed some light on this? I'm struggling to find information about it anywhere, and I'm trying to be prepared in case the worst happens, so I can try to keep my job.

 

Any helpful input is appreciated :)

 

Cam.

40kph over, hmmm. Accidently speeding is 5 to 10 over, maybe 15. But 40!. OK, OK, I wont lecture (as much as I want to!).

I've heard of summonds taking up to 8 weeks to arrive, depending on the backlog.

Tickets, generally 2 weeks sometimes 3.

 

Like Spencer said, you might be lucky. If so, don't buy a lotto ticket, you've used up all your luck.

Unless there is a back log in the adjudication process, should not take as long as it has,

 

I can't comment on WA tho, in QLD, the TIN would pulled out of the mailing stack, and passed onto a supervisor where they attach a letter with the ticket and is log into a spreadsheet (stats of course), and sent out seperately

I've been done fOr 44kmph over. $1000 7 demerits and no court summons. 45+ is hoon

id say you will deffs get it bro but cuz its perth its take forever to come thru

I've been done fOr 44kmph over. $1000 7 demerits and no court summons. 45+ is hoon

 

I got pinged doing 42km/h over. $508 fine and 6 points (double demerits) and 6 month suspension in Vic.

 

Albeit that was in Vic tho.

  • Author

40kph over, hmmm. Accidently speeding is 5 to 10 over, maybe 15. But 40!. OK, OK, I wont lecture (as much as I want to!).I've heard of summonds taking up to 8 weeks to arrive, depending on the backlog.Tickets, generally 2 weeks sometimes 3.Like Spencer said, you might be lucky. If so, don't buy a lotto ticket, you've used up all your luck.

Yeah, I know. it wasn't accidental, bad day, wrong mood, I shouldn't have been driving. Well I'm hoping like hell I wasn't doing 45kph over, and driving like a granny now.

 

id say you will deffs get it bro but cuz its perth its take forever to come thru

Hahaha, I thought as much, Yep, its perth... Everything takes ages :glare:

yeah bro i got a transperth infringement nothing happend for 2 months then i get a second notice to pay it i was like wtf :glare:

I've had it take 2-3 months for a pretty picture to get to me (I'm in WA)... Just when you start to think "hmm maybe I got away with it" BAM!!

 

 

Edit: Lets just hope your about 40km/h is less than 45. Friend at work got pinged by a camera, went back and asked the operator what speed... 48 over :(

He now has to move back in with his parents.

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

  • 2 weeks later...

i got hit the other day by a multanova got it about a week later. a mate of mine got slugged well over 45 by a multanova at night time and they came for his car within a day or so.

i would say you're under 45 if you havent had your car taken. either way prepare to get f@$ked by the long dick of the law.

revenue raising bullshit!

  • 10 months later...

What was the outcome? Did you get reamed or a slap on the wrist

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.