The Off-Topic Thread

rian

Members dont see this ad

Talking to my dad last week and found out that give or take a month or two he'll needing a car. Kind of makes me regret selling the ke30 but he put my mind at ease cause he's more thinking of a ute or something.

Anywhats, driving around town, i spotted a nice ke70 wagon sitting on the side of the road for sale but no price. Told dad about it and he's pretty chuffed about it so now all i have to do is find out the price and let him know.

About a '83 model - it has the slant nose, or is that '84. Has a 4k motor, not the 4a.

Manual - not sure if its a 4 or 5 speed.

Roady and rego'd

A quick look over it and i couldn't see any rust, through the windows the interior looked clean.

So i'm thinking somewhere around the 2500 maybe 3000 mark.

So I've finally decided to step down from retail, and head towards an apprenticeship. Feels a bit late, starting out at 21. Just wondering If there's some tradies/apprentices that could give me some guidance. Leaning towards mechanic/Spray Painter/pretty much anything automotive. Cheers

So I've finally decided to step down from retail, and head towards an apprenticeship. Feels a bit late, starting out at 21.

I started out at 25, 21 isn't that bad! :P Life experience will help, which you have a bit more of not being a 16-17 year old.

Plus I figured getting paid while doing schooling was a much better idea than forking out for a university course. :)

Go hard! :y:

I started out at 25, 21 isn't that bad! :P Life experience will help, which you have a bit more of not being a 16-17 year old.

Plus I figured getting paid while doing schooling was a much better idea than forking out for a university course. :)

Go hard! :y:

Yeah the only thing I'm worried about, is not being a freak when it comes to knowing about cars etc. Just have this thought in my head that i won't get hired unless I'm a know-it-all. Self doubt is a killer.

Yeah the only thing I'm worried about, is not being a freak when it comes to knowing about cars etc. Just have this thought in my head that i won't get hired unless I'm a know-it-all. Self doubt is a killer.

You don't have to know it all, that's what the training is for. Know-it-alls are usually smartasses who don't actually know much at all, so they don't get hired. I think you're better off not being one, be a sponge, just absorb. :wink:

Edited by carbonboy
  • Upvote 3